Where would you choose for July 4th?

KristinU

DIS Veteran
Hi All,

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I figured this was probably the best board to weigh in. We'll be toward the tail end of a 12 day Disney-Universal vacation on July 4th. We're AP holders at WDW and we'll be using 14 day 3-park passes for Universal, so admission doesn't play into our decision for where to be for the 4th of July (aside from no Disney water parks, since we have regular APs.) Staying on Disney property, so no early entry at Universal.

So...where would you choose to be? Somewhere at Disney? Somewhere at Universal? Volcano Bay?

We will be traveling with our dogs, staying at Fort Wilderness in our RV, so whatever we do will need to be broken out to a morning and evening thing so we can spend some afternoon/early evening time with our dog boys. Volcano Bay for the morning and then Disney fireworks is kind of what I'm thinking, but we are definitely open to recommendations!

It's our first 4th of July in MCO. I have 3 options in mind to view the MK FW on the 3rd, all involve ADRs

Decided to do the Epcot ones on the 4th & have FP for FW viewing. Being cautious as we will have 6 yo GD along & the idea of navigating heavy crowds is a bit unnerving.

Note that the MK has closed to capacity for the 4th, but it's been some time. I'm being told here, repeatedly, the MK parking lot is an absolute zoo on the 4th & to avoid & use internal transportation.

We will move over to RPR on the 6th, will be nice way to end the trip having FOTL!

Not sure what you do with your pets, no flames intended, assume you have it under control. However, my dogs who are usually very even tempered, freak out hearing our local FW which are nearly a mile from my house. I can only imagine what they'd do hearing WDWs. If this is a concern for you, might want to search here to see what view you could see from the MK parking lot.

Good luck

It's our first 4th of July in MCO. I have 3 options in mind to view the MK FW on the 3rd, all involve ADRs

Decided to do the Epcot ones on the 4th & have FP for FW viewing. Being cautious as we will have 6 yo GD along & the idea of navigating heavy crowds is a bit unnerving.

Note that the MK has closed to capacity for the 4th, but it's been some time. I'm being told here, repeatedly, the MK parking lot is an absolute zoo on the 4th & to avoid & use internal transportation.

We will move over to RPR on the 6th, will be nice way to end the trip having FOTL!

Not sure what you do with your pets, no flames intended, assume you have it under control. However, my dogs who are usually very even tempered, freak out hearing our local FW which are nearly a mile from my house. I can only imagine what they'd do hearing WDWs. If this is a concern for you, might want to search here to see what view you could see from the MK parking lot.

Good luck

Cool, thanks for the thoughts! I wonder how jammed the FP viewing area will be for any of the Disney ones? To be honest, I almost feel obligated to watch fireworks on the 4th...not that we really are dying to go. Unless, of course, they are somehow different for the 4th???

And for the dogs and fireworks, good thought and worth a mention for sure! They'll be back in the RV safe and sound with the AC on. This will be the second WDW trip for one of them, third for the other. The MK fireworks are far enough away from Fort Wilderness to not be a problem for them, thankfully. I mostly mentioned them because we will need to break up our day to spend time at the Fort with them. They don't travel-travel with us to the parks or anything :) They chill during the day after a nice long morning walk and a romp at the dog park, then we generally go back and play with them mid-day through dinner time and then go back out for a couple of hours if we have evening plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter