where to stop

robinf66

Earning My Ears
We live in the Dayton, Ohio area and will be driving to WDW on Sat.5/22 and Sun.5/23. I was planning stops about every 2 hours and was wondering if anyone could tell me if these planned stops are reasonable. We will be leaving home at 7:00am on Sat.

Stop 1 Lexington 9:00am
Stop 2 Lunch near Knoxville 11:30am
Stop 3 ? 2:30pm
Stop 4 ? 4:30
Stop 5 dinner (near Atlanta?) 6:30pm
Stop 6 stop for night near Macon or slightly farther south 9:30pm

We want to drive the majority of the trip on Saturday, so we don't have to drive as long on Sunday. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Robin

Unless you are planning on driving very slowly, I don't see how it will take you seven hours to get from Knoxville to Atlanta. It is usually just around a four to five hour trip between these two. It is also only around 80 miles between Atlanta and Macon, so three hours seems a bit much for this leg of your itenerary also.

That said, you should be able to make it farther south than Macon; perhaps to Tifton or Valdosta (Valdosta is 150 miles south of Macon). There are a nice assortment of hotels and restaurants in these two cities, and there are outlet malls near both as well (if you're the shopping type).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter