Where to stay the night before

RLccweems

DIS Veteran
Help....I'm getting ready to book our hotel for the night before we leave on the DCL. I don't know where to stay...I'm looking for something close to the port and maybe on the beach. Can anyone please suggest a hotel? I hate just booking something without knowing anything about the hotel.

thanks for your help everyone.....

Help....I'm getting ready to book our hotel for the night before we leave on the DCL. I don't know where to stay...I'm looking for something close to the port and maybe on the beach. Can anyone please suggest a hotel? I hate just booking something without knowing anything about the hotel.

thanks for your help everyone.....

There are several options for hotels in the area but for be on the beach and near the port there is only one choice....the Ron Jon Cape Caribe Resort.

http://www.ronjonresort.com/

Near the port, but not near the beach is

The Mariott Residence Inn
The Country Inn and Suites
The Radisson

On the beach but not that close to the port are

Holiday Inn
Doubletree
and many, many more

Check out this thread for some great are info in the Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral area.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520273

I have personally stayed at the Mariott Residence Inn twice and love it...complimentary hot breakfast in the morning included.

The Radisson, an older property that is being refurbished

The Doubletree (when we wanted the beach we stayed here).

MJ

We have always stayed at the Radisson at the Port. GREAT pool, a lot has been refurbished recently, new outdoor bar, great staff, free parking and shuttle to port the morning of your cruise!

We have always stayed at the Radisson at the Port. GREAT pool, a lot has been refurbished recently, new outdoor bar, great staff, free parking and shuttle to port the morning of your cruise!

I second the Radisson.... We are staying there again this June! :woohoo:

Has anyone left their car at one of the hotels with their cruise parking? This deal seems too good to be true. We are thinking of the Radisson.

Radisson for sure! They have the sleep number beds and offer transportation to the port on their own shuttle. I cant remember if there is a charge for that but they did offer to keep our car in their cruisers parking lot free of charge. The port charges a lot of $$ if you park your car there. I'm unsure if anything has changed though. I'm speaking from my Sept 2006 experience with the hotel. Maybe other Disers can offer more updated info. Have a BLAST!!!!:cheer2:

We stayed at the Quality Suites on our last trip. It's a sister hotel to the Radisson--you can drive down the road to the Radisson, leave your car there, and use their shuttle. You did sign up for the Radisson shuttle in advance (free). The hotel wasn't much to look at from the outside, but was much nicer on the inside and the staff was FANTASTIC! Decent free breakfast, about a block from the beach.

We have stayed at the Country Inn and Suites. Right now it is the closest hotel to the port. They offer a cruise parking package that includes a hot breakfast and the shuttle. You do not have to purchase the package to park there but the shuttle will be $4 each way if you don't. This is a newer property so the room was still in great condition (we were upgraded to the jacuzzi suite). We are staying there again for our cruise in May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter