Where to stay the night before & ride the disney bus!

ellie&mattys mom

DIS Veteran
Looking for input on going the day before the Cruise leaves for a 3 day but we would still like to ride the bus from the Airport to the Ship!!! I have read so many good things about the Disney Bus!!!

Thanks!!!

We are staying right at the Hyatt at the airport the night before and taking the disney bus the next morning. I have heard that there are quite a few hotels right in the area that have shuttles that may be cheaper but I like the convience of being right there.

We did the bus in August 02 and enjoyed the ride. They show a movie and some stuff about the ship. Time seems to go real fast and you're there. A lot of people like to take limos etc. so they can have a shopping stop along the way.

The Hyatt at MCO will be the easiest place to stay if you want to ride the DCL bus. Where have you read good things about the bus? I think most people here would recommend doing your own transportation to the port. Get there earlier & it is usually cheaper depending on how many in your group...

I love the DCL Bus! (but then there's only 3 of us so cost isn't really an issue and we can't be bothered with a grocery stop) Last time we stayed off-site, dropped out rental car at the airport and took the first bus from MCO at around 9.30. Time before we drove to port, dropped rental car at Raddison and got to the terminal at about the same time but saw the buses and really wanted to be on one, watching the video and building the anticipation!

The DCL bus is a great experience - don't let anyone tell you different!

Have a WONDERful cruise!

.:wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

If you stay at the Hyatt, you can catch the DCL bus from there. You can stay at any other airport hotel and take the hotel's shuttle back to the airport...then catch the DCL bus.

We get a hotel on Priceline for about $30-35 per night. Just stick to the 3* or above. For information about Priceline bidding, try www.biddingfortravel.com. All the 3*s have shuttles, and you might get lucky and get the Hyatt.!

If you stay at the Hyatt....where do you then catch the Disney Bus....and what is the earliest time you can catch it or any other information you have

thanks!

We stayed at the Hyatt for convenience since we were coming in late the night before. Am I glad we did since we actually got there at 3:30 am after a flight delay.

If you stay at the Hyatt, you leave your luggage in the hall outside your room with DCL luggage tags on it and it is picked up and transported to the ship and to your stateroom for you.

You meet in the DCL transfer people in the Hyatt lobby. When enough folks are gathered for a full bus, they guide you to the bus and you hop on. I think we were on the second or third bus and arrived at the port about 11:00 with plenty of time to pick up our documents (last minute booking) and get in line before they started boarding. We loved the DCL bus..it was part of the Magic of the trip.

IHO, the price was worth the convenience.

DCL bus was great.
We flew in the night before and stayed at the Sheraton.
There are at least half a dozen hotels just off the airport property with shuttles on a big circle around a lake. I'm sure the Hyatt is convienent, but most of these places are about half the cost.

Sheraton has a nice breakfast buffet, then shuttle drops you right off at the DCL buses at the airport. They have people who check off your name just inside the terminal by the buses, they load you and your luggage, and you're off to the ship.

We chose the Hyatt because we could get a half price senior citizen's discount (80 somethings in our party) and because with our expected arrival time of 12:30 am I wanted the FEWEST steps betweent he airplane and the BED. When the flight had a 3 hour weather delay, I was REALLY glad we had booked the Hyatt. We had a porter at the baggage pick up load our luggage and we followed him to the Hyatt.

Now if we were planning to come in at 3:30 in the afternoon, I'd probably check out a different hotel. DH and I have decided that the next Magic cruise, we're taking Friday off so we're not totally wiped when we get to the ship!

Ditto. We always stay at the Hyatt, as we have been travelling 14hrs by the time we get there and dont want to go another step. The rooms are clean and airy and it is so handy having our luggage taken from room to cabin. A little more expensive I guess, but you save on taxi/car fares. Places to eat at airport too, should you need something. Highly recommend Hyatt. Disney bus gets you in the mood for your cruise too, and its only a few steps to bus check in. Nat:Pinkbounc

We normally fly into Orlando the night before our vacation begins. I've stayed at both the Hyatt and outside the airport. The convenience of the Hyatt is terrific, however it can cost you. I believe the average nightly rate right now is running at $210. But you are within steps of the airport and they will transfer your luggage right onto the DCL bus.

For our May trip, we would have required two rooms at the Hyatt, so I decided to look elsewhere. We ended up with one bedroom suite at the airport Hawthorn Suites. They were great accomodations and the rate of $86 included a delicious hot buffet breakfast in the morning. It was also less expensive for us to rent a car than to take the DCL transfers. I liked being able to leave when we wanted and having the time to make a stop at Wal-Mart in Cocoa Beach for last minute items.

We did hotwire and ended up with the Crowne Plaza for $60 .....I looked at Hyatts rates and I couldn't justify paying so much just for a place to crash for a night! That $40 + dollars is a manicure or some drinks or a T shirt.....

I was secretly hoping we would get the Hyatt off hotwire....but from I the threads I have seen here about the 3.5 star hotel w/no shuttle being the Crowne, I figured that is what we'd end up with. Regardless....a clean bed, good coffee and a decent breakfast is all I ask!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter