Where to Stay? Money not a problem

My2Angels

Mickey Moms Club member
Can anyone tell me the best place to recommend to a dear friend going to WDW for the first time? She will be traveling with a 5 year old and 2 year old, and her in-laws and husband, of course. Money is really not a problem for them. I just want them to have the best experience ever, and I personally have not stayed in many Disney resorts, only the All Stars and the Contemporary. They are trusting me for the best advice! Help!!:confused3

If money is not a problem, I would choose two rooms at either the Polynesian or GF. The proximity to the MK is great and with little ones that age I would think they would spend a lot of time there. There are many good restaurants on the monorail circuit. Transportation is better from the Polynesian and there are three beaches so all longhouses are close to one of them. Our kids loved playing on the beach when they were at WDW as little ones. The GF is a lovely resort too. Very differently themed of course. Both have beautiful grounds, great service and beautiful and comfy rooms.

Perhaps you could show them pictures. The theming is so different at all the resorts.

Oh what I could do if money were no object. My first choice would be the beach club or the Poly.
Poly is a fabulous resort and it's right on the monorail line so with little kids getting to the Mk is a breeze. Not sure how many are allowed in the room.

Beach club is our home resort and we love it. Location is primo (walk to 2 out of 4 parks, and I mean you can really walk it, no problem) Beautiful decor, best resort pool and lots of eating choices. (2 restaurants in the hotel, restaurants right across the bay on the boardwalk and all the restaurants from Epcots' world showcase) Plus at night we would put the kids in strollers and stroll along the boardwalk.
This is the kind of problem I love to have!

Since there are so many of them going, why not suggest they rent vacation club points and stay in either a 2 bedroom or GV? :thumbsup2

If money were no problem I would choose... Lagoon View Conceirge at the Polynesian...

I would choose either 2 rooms at Contemprary, Poly or WL or maybe the WL Villas if they all want to stay together. Anything on the monorail with that age I think is ideal. Boat at WL looks good to. I guess I mean easy access to MK is ideal!!!!

The reason I did not mention GF was that I just watched the Travel Channel Great Hotels show on the GF and although the place looked absolutely stunning and I would love to stay there w/o kids, I did not see it as kid freindly as some of the others JMHO! I could be wrong since I have never been.

I second the CR. We stayed there last August with our then 6, 5, and 1 year old. It was so nice with the monorail and having the walkway from the MK. We especially like the walkway when leaving MK for the night. You can avoid all the crowds with that.

If money were no object I would definitely do the Boardwalk or Beach Club. The pools looked awesome and I love the proximity to Epcot and walking along the Boardwalk at night.

I am so sentimental to WL...think this is such a fabulous resort for younger kids. They have the boat to take you to MK where they will more than likely spend most of their time

At WL you can view the Electric Light pageant on the water Has a absolutely breathtaking lobby.

The Whispering Canyon Cafe is so conducive to younger children and adults like it as well. The counter service Roaring Forks is great as well.

I cannot say enough about this resort.

WE stayed there exclusively when my kids were young,.

Some might tell you to stay at AK but I know of so many young families who liked the resort but hated that it was so far from MK

Tough choice because you will have a 1000 opinions on these boards. I would personally look at all deluxe resorts and see what fits their lifestyle and pick that one.

Money no object....please introduce me to them!!! Well, I would really ask what time of year they are going down there....if it's during F&W, then it's Beach Club....if it's F&G time, the same Beach Club, if it's Christmas time then it's either WL or GF, if it's any other time....BC, WL, GF, CR, or the Poly!

We are staying at GF soon and a large part of the reason is the monorail access. I have only stayed at WL as far as deluxes are concerned but every report and piece of advice I have read says with little ones POLY, GF or CR are the ones to stay at. I must say the monorail access and the close proximity to MK are priceless when you have little ones. I would suggest all three to them then tell them some of the differences in the three resorts and let them have finally say. Either way I think your friends will have a blast as long as they are in WDW.

Absolutely without a doubt 2 rooms at the Polynesian in a Magic Kingdom View Room. You cannot beat the view of the castle. Imagine watching Wishes from your balcony everynight!

With 2 small children and it being her first time traveling you will have done her justice by suggesting the Poly. It is pricier than the moderates but it is truly magical!

If money isn't a concern than I would suggest the Poly or GF! Especially with little one's and having monorail access.

If money were of some kind of concern than I would suggest either CBR or POR. CBR for the atmosphere, themeing, landscaping, largest rooms of all moderates, price, location, just a great resort! POR for boat to Downtown Disney.

If money is truly no concern, I would do one of:

Poly -- easy walk to TTC and resort monorail.

Beach Club -- walk or boat to two parks, great pool & pirate adventure for the 5 year old.

Animal Kingdom Lodge -- parents can watch animals from the balcony during nap time & many kids will get excited by watching animals from their room.
(Yes, it's further from the MK but the buses are good and it's easy to rent a car if preferred.)

As for the DVC suggestion...don't worry about the hassles of renting points to save money. If money isn't a worry, then just book a suite through CRO. Beach Club Villas has beautiful 2 BDRs (request a dedicated 2 BDR given the age of the children) and you could book a separate studio for the in-laws if the kids will sleep in a room by themselves.

I would suggest the Polyn. The monorail can't be beat and the walk to TTC is relaxing, but you also have the sandy beach for the children to play on and watch the firework from, and a zero entry pool with a cool slide your 5yo would most likely fall in love with. The rooms are big and very nice. Lot's of ducks on the grounds to watch.

J

Poly or BC. Both are very kid-friendly. Both have great pools for the little ones.

Perks Poly has over BC: Monorail transportation and newly renovated rooms. Choose Poly if MK will be the main park.

Perks BC has over Poly: Pool, minutes away from Boardwalk, tons of great restaurants within walking distance. Choose BC if MGM and Epcot will be main parks.

100% the GF, the rooms with 2 balconies are beautiful. You are actually much closer to the castle than the Poly for fireworks you have monorail access and great restaurants. The spa IMO is also the best on the property.
My second choice would be the YC, great pool (especially for kids), excellent service and wonderful suites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter