Where to stay in San Diego?

lvdis

love disney
I need help deciding where to stay in San Diego. We are planning a trip for June 2013. We want to end our trip with 2 nights in the San Diego area. There are 4 of us and would prefer 3 "beds". The kids are older and don't want to share. We mainly just want to see the area and go to Coronado Beach. Thanks for any help you can provide!

If money were no object (yeah right) I'd stay at the Del Coronado. It's the hotel where the classic movie "Some Like It Hot" was filmed, and the Grand Floridian hotel was patterned after the Del.

Realistically, I'd just do a web search with one of the travel discounters like Priceline, hotwire, etc.

If money were no object (yeah right) I'd stay at the Del Coronado. It's the hotel where the classic movie "Some Like It Hot" was filmed, and the Grand Floridian hotel was patterned after the Del.

Realistically, I'd just do a web search with one of the travel discounters like Priceline, hotwire, etc.

Don't I wish! I would love to stay there, but I'll be happy just to visit. Thanks for the suggestions!

We are looking at staying at the Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo/SeaWorld area. They have a couple different options that might work for you. One is a 2 bed with a sofa pullout and the other is a single bed with a bunk bed so that provids 3 beds as well. Both options are running about $170/night for June 2013

Do not stay in Hilton Gaslamp. We had such a bad experience there that we moved out after one night and I swore I would save anyone from our experience

We are looking at staying at the Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo/SeaWorld area. They have a couple different options that might work for you. One is a 2 bed with a sofa pullout and the other is a single bed with a bunk bed so that provids 3 beds as well. Both options are running about $170/night for June 2013

We stayed at this hotel in October...in a standard room for two peole so cant comment on the room you described, but this is a nice property. The rooms were nice with flat screen tv, nice beds, furniture, etc. Breakfast was nice, but the breakfast room was VERY crowded. Convenient location..easy access on and off freeways, but really no dining options within a walking distance so you definitely need a car (they charge for parking).

Back in 2010 I stayed at a Hilton owned hotel in rancho bernado. I booked online at 79 a night. Prepaid in advance. If you paid at hotel 150 a night. The hotel was nice good views lots of restaurants around. Grocery store one exit down In caramel mountain.

This hotel only about 20 minutes away from the del. sea world wouldn't be too far either.

This one is of Interstate 15

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Do not stay in Hilton Gaslamp. We had such a bad experience there that we moved out after one night and I swore I would save anyone from our experience

Stayed at the Hilton Gaslamp a number of times and never experienced any problems. Would highly recommend it.

I am planning a trip to SD in June also! We love it there! Suggestion for Coronado Beach-Glorietta Bay Inn! Look at Trip Advisor's reviews, we almost stayed there a couple of years ago but opted to stay downtown instead because the Hyatt Manchester was having a "buy 1, 2nd room at 1/2 off" sale, and we also have grown kids, so it worked out perfect! I am reconsidering the Glorietta Bay Inn again, because it sounds so relaxing, and it's a hop skip and a jump from the beautiful Coronado Beach itself! Another option is the Doubletree Mission Valley, we stayed there years ago and really enjoyed it, it's right near the trolley, and it has two pools, one inside and one out, and a fabulous Sunday brunch! Have fun!! :beach:

I highly recommend Homewood Suites Liberty Station in San Diego. It regularly comes in the top 4 or so hotels in San Diego. Beautiful surrounding area, and convenient to Sea World and downtown. It has 1BR and 2BR units, as well as regular hotel room. Check out this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2793314

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter