Where to stay for SeaWorld weekend?

ChiTownZee

"You have no idea what I'm capable of."-Evil Queen
And friend of mine are considering a girls weekend (with my DD) and meeting in Orlando to go to Sea World one day (saturday) and maybe DTD friday and sat. night? Any recommendations? It's been a while since we've been off wdw property and then it was usually around maingate east so I'm not sure where to look.

There are quite a few hotels now close to Sea World - what kind of price range are you looking at?

I used to live about 1 mile from SW, so will try to help.

If you stay near SW and then decide to do anything Disney - you can always go down I-4 to the Disney exits, or take I-Drive south (not bad traffic wise) to I-536....this takes you right into Disney property. You avoid the CrossRoads area and that traffic.

Thanks :D I have to talk with my friend again, but I'm thinking somewhere between 50-100 bucks. It's just the three of us, so I'm thinking of a regular room instead of a suite, especially since it would only be two nights. I'd rather pay for a little nicer room than extra space. I can't decide if she should try to stay near SeaWorld or close to DTD.

Hi Lisa -

When are you guys thinking of going? Other than 2 beds, are you looking for anything else in particular?

If you want a kitchen - there is a Residence Inn right down the street that has studio rooms (all 1 room, but with 2 queen beds, 1 sofa bed, seperate living area, full kitchen, plus breakfast buffet in the morning).

The Renaissance is across the street - normal rooms, but an amazing place....great food, too!!!

Let me know when you talk to your friend, and I'll see what I can dig up.

With 3 people, you might want to consider the Hilton Grand Vacation Club which is very close to Sea World. You can rent their units just like hotel units. My review is here:
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=367102

At 105/night for a one bedroom unit which includes a full kitchen, living room(with a sofa bed), and screened in balcony sitting area, it is nice. It also has a 42in TV with VCR and stereo system which can keep DD occupied (or an on-resort movie theater and crafts studio as well).

We stayed here a couple of years back and it is literally a 4-5 min walk from the back of the resort right into SeaWorld. And from our room if we were back in time we could see the fireworks from SeaWorld at 10pm.

The hotel is fine, three swimming pools (one with waterfall) kids eat free breakfast buffet and there are a couple of restaurants to choose from. The grounds are really pretty - especially at night when there are lights all around:D

The rooms (in two storey buildings or a 15 storey tower) have 2 queen beds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter