Where to stay between Tampa and WDW?

collcass

DIS Veteran
hi all

I am looking for a hotel somewher between Tampa and Orlando. We arrive in Tampa on 7/2 and were originally going straight to WDw, however, my DH and sons couldn't pass up the Red Sox game at tropicana Field so they are going to that @ 7:10 that evening.

I'm not sure of the distance between the stadium and WDw but would like to get 1/2 there that night.

Any suggestions or should I just stay by the field that night?

I've not been to tampa since I was very young so I am not familiar at all with the area.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi, Plant City would be a nice choice(pick up a couple of pints of strawberrys while you are there)....If it was me and i just needed a place to crash, I would Priceline Plant City for a two star and bid about 40 bucks and see what happens...

good luck, Ted

We stayed in Clermont off Rte. 27 which is about an hour from Tampa (Busch Gardens). Its only about another half hour from Clermont to Orlando (although WDW was only 15 min from where we were staying).

^ Although Clermont is nice, it would be out of the way coming from Tampa and going to Orlando. There are a few moderate priced places off I-4 in Tampa, or you could go down to the next decent sized town is Lakeland.

Honestly, if I were you, I would just go ahead and make the drive from St. Pete (The Trop) to Orlando. Shouldnt take you much more than an hour and a half at the most. I-4 is a breeze at night.

How much are you wanting to spend? that will help me narrow down some suggestions for you. Hope I can help.

I'd stay in Plant City too. Go to Parksdale and get a strawberry shortcake then head off to Orlando in the morning.

^ Although Clermont is nice, it would be out of the way coming from Tampa and going to Orlando. There are a few moderate priced places off I-4 in Tampa, or you could go down to the next decent sized town is Lakeland.

Honestly, if I were you, I would just go ahead and make the drive from St. Pete (The Trop) to Orlando. Shouldnt take you much more than an hour and a half at the most. I-4 is a breeze at night.

How much are you wanting to spend? that will help me narrow down some suggestions for you. Hope I can help.

I totally agree-- I spent two weeks at my in laws condo at St Pete this summer and ran over to Disney a few times -- the drive is a breeze going that way -- it took me an hour and 20 minutes to get to All Stars from their condo.

Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter