Where to stay before cruise near the beach?

luv2plan

DIS Veteran
We are planning on going to Kennedy Space Center before the cruise and the beach for a day, so where should we stay?

Also, any good miniature golf courses in the area?

Thanks for the info! Happy planning!

We have stayed at the Four Points Sheraton in Cocoa Beach twice so far and have it booked for our upcoming Sept. cruise. It's a one-block walk to the beach. The pool is not the greatest (very small) but if you are looking for a great close-to-the-beach location -we love it there.

I've also heard that 4 Points Sheraton in Cocoa Beach is good so I tried to book it for our Jan 2010 cruise a couple of months ago but there was no availability. I keep looking to see if there are cancellations but no luck so far.:confused3 So I suggest you try asap.

We have friends who stayed at Ron Jon's Resort in Cocoa Beach and really liked it. I believe they have a waterslide & lazy river, miniature golf, a movie theatre & kids program.

We just returned from a 4 night RCL cruise from Port Canaveral and stayed at the Radisson at the port. A nice hotel at a reasonable price (we found the best rate was online through the Radisson website.) They've got a great pool and hot tub as well:

456978600_ozp9p-L.jpg

The rooms have recently been refurbished and have sleep number beds (which my son enjoyed playing with). Rooms have microwaves and mini fridges. There is a McDonalds across the street and there are a number of restaurants, fast food or otherwise, a few minutes away in Coco.

There is a mini golf place next door as well.

We have stayed at the Four Points Sheraton in Cocoa Beach twice so far and have it booked for our upcoming Sept. cruise. It's a one-block walk to the beach. The pool is not the greatest (very small) but if you are looking for a great close-to-the-beach location -we love it there.
Don't listen to anything this woman says...she is nuts!!! :rotfl2:(JK) i forgot you are doing another cruise so soon!! i am soooo jealous!

We stayed at the Rad when we cruised w/ Yonkers ..it is fine for a night..not the best, not the worst. Will stay again next year. the free parking is a major plus for us, however, i heard really bad things about the food!

Don't listen to anything this woman says...she is nuts!!! :rotfl2:(JK) i forgot you are doing another cruise so soon!! i am soooo jealous!

We stayed at the Rad when we cruised w/ Yonkers ..it is fine for a night..not the best, not the worst. Will stay again next year. the free parking is a major plus for us, however, i heard really bad things about the food!

Thanks, Deb - LOVE YA :flower3: pixiedust: :wave2:

We booked 1 night at the Holiday Inn Oceanfront. The pool looks great and it's right on the beach. Found a really good price but am now reading very mixed reviews.
Anyone stayed there recently?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter