Where to Stay at SSR?

mhmcduff

mcminnie
We will be at SSR Nov 6-11- what building should I request
It will be Dh and our two boys 4 and 7. We would like to be near the pool that would be good for them and near the CS and mug refill stations but want our patio/deck (we are in a one bedroom) to have privacy or at least not alot of traffic. We just bought into SSR about 8 months ago and this is our first stay. We are psyched!! Thanks:worship: :worship: :worship:

The Springs is nearest to the main pool and restaurants. We stayed in Grandstand and it is also a good location. The quiet pool there is very nice and it is a 5 or 6 min walk to the main hall. If you are using the Disney bus system, be aware that the Springs is the last picked up and will be the last stop on return. Grandstand is the first stop, so we never stood once in a week in July!

For our honeymoon we stayed at SSR. I believe our building was Congress Park and room was 2236. We were right by the quiet pool and jacuzzi and the best thing to us we were just a 10 minute walk from DTD. The view was amazing also.

My DS likes the main pool the most because it has the slide! It also has a hot tub. If you are planning to go to the parks a lot I would go with the Grandstand. The last time we stayed at The Springs we had an awful time with the buses. We don't mind standing on the bus, but we did mind having to wait on the next bus because the first one was full!!

We liked the Springs because it was closest to the main pool, Community Hall (make sure to stop in there) and the restaurant. I can't speak to the buses because we drove everywhere except DTD, where we went by boat.

We stayed in Congress Park last May with our (then) 2 & 6 yr. old. We were less than a five minute walk to a quiet pool (great with the little one) and hot tub. It was a nice healthy walk to the main building but nothing over ten minutes. We were also about a ten minute walk from DTD which we did as a way to unwind each night.

Our balcony faced a little courtyard where we'd watch ducks and bunnies each morning.

Some pictures -

Our building
CP.jpg

Our courtyard (the quiet pool is directly behind this and then you can see DTD once on the backside of the pool)
SSRView.jpg

A view of DTD along the walkway
DTD.jpg

A picture of the sunrise from our balcony
SSR_Sunrise.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter