• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to have dinner for my DDs 7th birthday ?

pooky_uk

Mouseketeer
Hi All

Looking for some advice for our 1st ever trip to WDW :)

We will be there for the first 2 weeks of Feb and it's my daughter's 7th birthday ....

The plan is to be in MK for her birthday and, fingers crossed, I can get cindy's breakfast for her.....but we are not sure what to do for an evening meal.....

If we can't get cindy's then I may opt for the princess breakfast @ Epcot and then head back over to MK.

Can anyone suggest a great evening meal - preferably something a bit special?? (mind you, having your 7th birthday in WDW is pretty special in itself!)

Laura

If you don't get Cindy's for breakfast why not head over to the Grand Floridian for dinner at 1900 park fare with Cinderella and friends? Surely dinner with royalty in such a beautiful resort would fit the bill!

The lobby at the Grand Floridian would be great for birthday pictures too!

From allearsnet.com

Regulars include Cinderella and Prince Charming, Suzy and Perla, and the Fairy Godmother
(some characters may only be in the lobby for photos).

4:30pm - 8:20pm

An All You Can Eat Character Meal
Menu Items Change Weekly

Starters

Roasted Vegetables with Balsamic Drizzle,
Tomato Salad, Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad,
Beet Salad, Jell-O, Fruit Medley,
Caesar Salad, Mixed Greens, Raisins

Whole Fruit Display

Soups

Cream of Mushroom, Tomato Florentine, and Chilled Strawberry

Main Courses

Carved Roast Prime Rib of Beef with
Natural Au Jus
Carved Roast Ham
Chicken Piccata
Cajun Parmesan-crusted Cod
Paella
Steamed Mussels in Garlic Wine Sauce
Penne Pasta with Marinara or Cheese Sauce
Five Cheese Lasagna
Roasted Jamaican Jerk Pork
Vegetable Spring Roll with Duck Sauce
Vegetable Lo Mein
Buffalo Chicken Wings
Curry Beef Pie with Pineapple Chutney

Accompaniments

House Fried Rice, Sticky Rice,
Sweet Potato Mash,
Glazed Carrots, Broccoli,
Corn, and Creamed Spinach

Desserts

Apple Cobbler
Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce
Milk Chocolate Fudge
Key Lime Tarts
Linzer Torte
Lemon Chocolate Tart
Strawberry Shortcake
Rice Krispy Treats, Brownies & Cookies
Sugar Free Desserts available upon request

Children's Domain

Chicken Nuggets, Fish Nuggets, Cheese & Macaroni,
Pizza, Mini Hamburgers, Mini Hotdogs

COST: $27.99/adults; Children 3-11 $12.99
Prices Increased by $2 -- 10/10/04

Tax and gratuity extra
Non-Alcoholic, non-specialty Beverages INCLUDED in the price

In May we did 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian and it was a great dinner. Not only did the Princesses come to each table but for the price I think it was the best character meal in all Disney. The food for the adults is good and they have a seperate area for the kids. A nice touch was the Fairy Godmother by the entrance, a hard one to find except for Ciny's castle. I would recommend an early booking 4:45PM or 5ish followed by the fireworks at the castle.

Wow - thanks for the quick replies.....GF sounds perfect :)....makes me wonder if this and cindy's breakfast in one day would be too much.....sounds like the Epcot breakfast may be the better option?

Thanks again :)

We did 1900 Park Fare for my daughter's 6th birthday and it was wonderful. The characters came around many times.

You can order a larger birthday cake ahead, but if you need a small one (6") you can just let them know when you check in. We got the chocolate one for four people and we had leftovers. Our waiter was wonderfuld. He brought Cinderella over when they brought out her cake.

If you don't order a cake, they will bring her a cupcake.

The only bad thing I can say is that we got a corner booth, which blocked one person in. That was a pain since it was a buffet, and we were trying to take pictures.

I cannot say enough that 1900 park faire is THE place for DD's birthdays. We went in April for my DD's5th b-day. She dressed in her Cinderella dress (which I surprised her with that night) Amazing amount of attention from the characters. They gave her a cupcake and a signed placemat signed by the characters. And a tiara of her very own. It was so special! And surprise, surprise she actually ate. The food was great. Especially the strawberry soup.::yes::

Originally posted by TallyLassie

You can order a larger birthday cake ahead, but if you need a small one (6") you can just let them know when you check in. We got the chocolate one for four people and we had leftovers. .

The cake was $12.50

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter