Where to go? What to do? Anyone have an opinion?? LOL

Jake & Crew

Mouseketeer
We are BACK! Ready to plan our 2012 trip and this time we promised the girls we would shake it up with an "offsite" destination in the mix....problem is where do we go for just a day or two with two girls who will be 10 & 12? Universal seems much for a few days, Legoland...one daughter really interested one not so much and it looks like we might be the top ages, though that could work for a one day, or do we go to my favorite...Seaworld? Trying to keep cost down will be staying dvc style in Disney so springing for a night at an offsite hotel or a car is ok........any ideas?????

SeaWorld is my favorite too. I think it's a great choice for a 10 and 12 year old and a place all ages can enjoy together. I also like the deal they have where you can go a second day within seven days for free, just by stopping at the customer service desk for your ticket. Or if you want to mix it up more than that and you like waterparks, I think the SeaWorld / Aquatica combo ticket is another nice option. // We can't go to Orlando without doing SeaWorld -- my whole family and extended family just love that park.

We are BACK! Ready to plan our 2012 trip and this time we promised the girls we would shake it up with an "offsite" destination in the mix....problem is where do we go for just a day or two with two girls who will be 10 & 12? Universal seems much for a few days, Legoland...one daughter really interested one not so much and it looks like we might be the top ages, though that could work for a one day, or do we go to my favorite...Seaworld? Trying to keep cost down will be staying dvc style in Disney so springing for a night at an offsite hotel or a car is ok........any ideas?????
Why not head to one of the the outlet malls and give your girls the cash you would of spent on theme park tickets!

I have 2 boys, 12 and 14 and a daughter, 11. The boys love Universal and my daughter loves SeaWorld. The big difference I think is that Universal is more rides and SeaWorld more shows. We keep wanting to do an airboat ride. I think that looks fun and they get to see a different side of Florida.

Hi there.
Can anyone share an experience of being in the Harry Potter part of the Disneyland? Is it worth the visit?:wizard:

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is in Islands of Adventure,one of the two parks at Universal Orlando.It was just announced that Universal in Hollywood California will be getting a version of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.Neither Disneyland in California nor Disney World in Florida have anything related to Harry Potter.The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando is great,but very crowded.It has the new Forbidden Journey ride located in Hogwarts Castle,the Dragon Challenge rollercoaster,the Flight of the Hippogriff junior coaster and various themed shops along with the Three Broomsticks restaurant.

If you’re going in the warmer months and enjoy water parks Aquatica is wonderful!

Not sure what your budget is, but Discovery Cove could also be something to consider. Check for deals and it’s all inclusive which is nice.

If they are looking to check out some new rides I think the Universal parks would be a ton of fun for them.

SeaWorld is my favorite too. I think it's a great choice for a 10 and 12 year old and a place all ages can enjoy together. I also like the deal they have where you can go a second day within seven days for free, just by stopping at the customer service desk for your ticket. Or if you want to mix it up more than that and you like waterparks, I think the SeaWorld / Aquatica combo ticket is another nice option. // We can't go to Orlando without doing SeaWorld -- my whole family and extended family just love that park.

Second all this. My whole family likes SeaWorld, but the 9-13 year olds like it the most. We do the second day free deal and also get their dining deal, which is a lot more flexible than Disney's Dining Deal and perfect for my chow hounds, particularly my 13-yo ballet dancer. She loves Disney (some of the others don't), and all things being equal would rather go there, but the dining deal puts SeaWorld in first place every time. :rolleyes:

The SeaWorld dining deal is all fast food or buffet-style stuff, though; the food is fine but not spectacular, however what the kids love is you can go through the line as many times you want (limited to 1 drink, 1 entree and 1 side or dessert each time), anytime you want (once that particular restaurant is open), and you're never too far from a participating restaurant.

SeaWorld is more about the shows than the rides, but personally, I only like two of the shows but love the aquariums and dolphin viewing areas and feeding the critters and that kinda stuff. For some reason I get a real kick out of an aquarium below me, or above me, or the tunnels through the big ones. SeaWorld is still a very different experience than, say, Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinburg, even though both have the long tunnel.

SeaWorld is beautifully themed. Jewel of the Sea, the aquarium in the middle of the Journey to Atlantis ride is tiny, but it really does feel like being in a little jewelry box, with the fish as the gems, while the Mantis aquarium is laid out in a sweeping, flowing way that, for me, sort of mimics the rollercoaster up above. :cool2: And I love all the greenery and flowers and waterfalls. Could be SeaWorld particularly appeals to those who love the Polynesian resort. ;)

Seaworld:woohoo:

Thank you for your input! Not sure the girls would enjoy all of Universal and felt we would feel rushed since we only want to do 1 or 2 days out of Disney.

The pricing of Seaworld made us feel that if we did not do it all and wanted to come back that second day free was a great option. Thinking our next trip down (after this one) might be stay 2 nights at a US hotel so we can really experience it and not feel rushed. We have 6 day hopper passes (no expires from old trip) to Disney as well as waterparks and "free" lodging with our DVC points. This is our "low cost" Disney trip and adding $500-$1000 on for US seemed counterproductive.

Discovery Cove is on our bucket list for a future trip...little too much for this time especially since for 10 year old to swim with the dolphin we need to purchase another adult pass to accompany her...that rings up to over $800 for one day!!!

Thank you for the food tip....will look into that as we will only be doing Disney dining for part of our trip we were going to do Seaworld on a non Dis dining day:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter