Where to find “I’m lost” charm for kid’s shoes?

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by ChicagoJ, Oct 22, 2018.

1. ChicagoJ

ChicagoJ Mouseketeer

I’d like to get a charm for my daughter’s Velcro shoes that has our cell but can’t find any on Etsy. Any links or shops you’ve used?

2. QueenIsabella

QueenIsabella DIS Veteran

Go to the pet store, and engrave a tag with whatever you like. They come in dozens of shapes and colors. Usually, you can put 2-3 lines of information--perfect for putting her name and a cell #, or whatever you choose. They cost less than $10 (it's been a while, could be less).

3Cats, dmband and Beth33 like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Kellina

Kellina Earning My Ears

Road ID makes a shoe ID for runners! It velcros on and holds a lot of info if you want it to! You could probably find other similar items looking for running ID's through other sources I'm sure. My kids have the kid's size silicone band ID's from here, and I have one I wear when I run! HTH!
    https://www.roadid.com/products/sprint-stainless-velcro-id

5. Gafnorin

Gafnorin Earning My Ears

We found vinyl magic band decals on Etsy (mad happy studio) including one that says “if found please call...” and they’ll put your number. That and a bitbelt to make sure the thing stays on.

Assuming kid has a magic band.

6. Michelle James

Michelle James Mouseketeer

Or a child safety bracelet (I use a company called Mabel's Labels). When DS was small, I'd make a loop of it and put the shoe's Velcro through it.

7. tjmw2727

tjmw2727 DIS Veteran

Agree with the pp who used a "dog tag" and if you can wait until you get to Disney there are some really cute Disney designs.

Kids have outgrown the need for the shoe tag but we use them as luggage tags for suitcases, backpacks etc.

8. gulliesmom

gulliesmom Mouseketeer

We did a pet tag for each that they wore on their lanyards when they were little. They also used the lanyards for pin trading so they were used to pulling it out. BUT, at my school where I work, we write our phone # on masking tape with Sharpie and tape it to the inside of the child's t-shirt. You can tell them to show a grown-up the tape if they get lost. just on the back where the tag is

9. Treysar

Treysar Mouseketeer

This is my friend, she hand stamps shoe tags. 2 of my kids have autism, the shoe stamps come in handy.
    https://etsy.me/2JBo6xl

10. KateMW

KateMW DIS Veteran

I did Mickey shaped tattoos because I have an irrational fear of somebody stealing him and taking off his shoes to get rid of the tag. Yes, I know I need medicine. ;)

11. MickeyP

MickeyP DIS Veteran

I had never thought of these before we left, and in the gift shop after the Living Seas, they had a machine that made pretty Nemo, Ariel etc. necklaces in which the machine engraved on them name and mom's cell phone #. The best purchase ever!

Treysar likes this.