Where to eat at Universal Orlando including menus...UPDATED REGULARLY

Things may have changed (I can update next week, as we have a reservation for our upcoming trip!) as it is a few years since we visited, but we went just after opening time (5pm?) and it was very quiet. I don’t recall the background music being very loud. Loved the food then, and this time round, everyone has been salivating over the menu already!
Thanks! I’ll have to look into maybe going at opening time. And I’d love an update after your next visit. I hope y‘all have a wonderful trip with lots of yummy foods!

(And coincidentally, I’m mom to a Maddie, too! Mine is all grown now though. 💗)

Thanks! I’ll have to look into maybe going at opening time. And I’d love an update after your next visit. I hope y‘all have a wonderful trip with lots of yummy foods!

I will definitely update after our visit, I think our reservation is for 5 or 5.30 so will be able to comment on the ambiance at that time. My Maddie (or Madi as she likes to be known now!) is 18 and laughs when she sees my username!

Do you suggest reservations for Vivo for late August or are we OK with a walk up? Has anyone had their chicken parm? How was it?
I plan on making a reservation for mid September, I tried to walk up early December(party of 1) and couldn't get in. I've had the Chicken parm, it was very good. I will probably get that again.

I plan on making a reservation for mid September, I tried to walk up early December(party of 1) and couldn't get in. I've had the Chicken parm, it was very good. I will probably get that again.
Thank you! I will make a reservation, my family will be happy

Well, we ate at The Bob Marley tonight. We had reservations for 5:30 and there was only one other family there at that time. We were seated upstairs and told that because we had under 21’s with us, we would need to be done by 7:30 as that’s when the bar would open. Over the course of our meal, there were a few more people seated for meals and a family with toddlers asleep in buggies and a newborn who just had drinks. There was ambient Reggae music playing, but nothing loud. The DJ arrived and started setting up in the corner, so Imsure it would be much louder and vibrant later, but that time slot worked perfectly for us. Oh, and the food was delicious too!

I am looking for some suggestions. My son has Celiac, we were new to this last summer when we went to Universal. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations of Gluten free restaurants we might have missed on our last trip? Any food recommendations that are gluten free?

Well, we ate at The Bob Marley tonight. We had reservations for 5:30 and there was only one other family there at that time. We were seated upstairs and told that because we had under 21’s with us, we would need to be done by 7:30 as that’s when the bar would open. Over the course of our meal, there were a few more people seated for meals and a family with toddlers asleep in buggies and a newborn who just had drinks. There was ambient Reggae music playing, but nothing loud. The DJ arrived and started setting up in the corner, so Imsure it would be much louder and vibrant later, but that time slot worked perfectly for us. Oh, and the food was delicious too!
That sounds perfect! Thank you so much for reporting back! We’ll need to give them another try next visit at an early time slot and hope our experience is a good as yours.

I am looking for some suggestions. My son has Celiac, we were new to this last summer when we went to Universal. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations of Gluten free restaurants we might have missed on our last trip? Any food recommendations that are gluten free?
I'm gluten-free too! Not celiac, but gluten-free due to a different autoimmune reason.

First of all, make sure to email food.allergy@universalorlando.com to get a list of what places have gluten-free fryers at UO, IoA, Citywalk, and Volcano Bay. It'll also list gluten free options for each restaurants at those locations. Thunder Falls Terrace at Jurassic Park is completely gluten-free. Also good dining options at 3 Broomsticks in Hogsmede. Both Harry Potter restaurants have gluten free pancakes as an option for breakfast.

Margaritaville has an excellent separate gluten-free menu and even a gluten-free dessert, which is a rarity at restaurants! It's a gluten free brownie sundae with heath topping and we split it as a family. Our waiter said it was his favorite dessert, and just happened to also be gluten-free!

Other hits? Cowfish has good gluten-free options, including a gluten free bun for burgers and gluten-free soy sauce. Bigfire had excellent steaks with included sides that were also gluten-free. Hard Rock also has a separate gluten-free menu, we didn't eat there but have reservations for our November trip. The tater tots at Green Eggs and Ham are typically gluten-free and delicious. I've heard fantastic things about "The Kitchen" at Hard Rock. If they have the same chef that was there a year ago, he is actually celiac and can modify anything for gluten free (even makes gf mac and cheese made-to-order) and they have an extensive menu that is gluten-free. We also have reservations there in November.

Also, the buffet breakfast at Royal Pacific was fantastic, as was their stir-fry night-- the chef cooking is savvy on gluten-free options. We all did the breakfast buffet, and you can find out specifics on what is gluten-free from the chef there, and I put in an order for gluten-free pancakes when we were seated and they were made to order and brought out to me and were included in the buffet price.

When I went to Universal last year I had no trouble doing reservations for two at Vivo in November but when I search now for this October all that comes up is a minimum of three people. Is this a new change? Just did my other res at Cowfish, two people no problem, same with Mythos.

When I went to Universal last year I had no trouble doing reservations for two at Vivo in November but when I search now for this October all that comes up is a minimum of three people. Is this a new change? Just did my other res at Cowfish, two people no problem, same with Mythos.
It’s a glitch. Just make it for 3 and put under comments or special requests that’s it’s for two. T happened to us yesterday they are aware

It’s a glitch. Just make it for 3 and put under comments or special requests that’s it’s for two. T happened to us yesterday they are aware
Awesome! I'll do just that! Thank goodness, I've been dreaming of that mushroom saute' appetizer and wouldn't want to miss it

Ok. looking for suggestions. We are doing a long weekend at Universal Orlando right before thanksgiving. It will be my husband's first visit ! I had thought we would go one night to DIsney to eat at one of the resort - probably Flying Fish (or Citricos) as we love those. Since it is such a short trip was thinking maybe just stay at universal. We will likely do the Wok experience at our hotel (royal pacific) as we had enjoyed that but what would be your suggestion for a really great meal . Other than that we will have lots of fish and chips at the wizarding world (and of course butter beer and Florean Fortescus!)... DId not love Mythos (and my husband doenst like greek for some reason).

Ok. looking for suggestions. We are doing a long weekend at Universal Orlando right before thanksgiving. It will be my husband's first visit ! I had thought we would go one night to DIsney to eat at one of the resort - probably Flying Fish (or Citricos) as we love those. Since it is such a short trip was thinking maybe just stay at universal. We will likely do the Wok experience at our hotel (royal pacific) as we had enjoyed that but what would be your suggestion for a really great meal . Other than that we will have lots of fish and chips at the wizarding world (and of course butter beer and Florean Fortescus!)... DId not love Mythos (and my husband doenst like greek for some reason).
Have you tried Finnegans? It’s not fancy but their food is very good and not too expensive. We also really like Vivo. Their tiramisu is to die for! Also Italian, both restaurants at Portofino are good (mama Della’s and bice) but I think bice is way overpriced.

Have you tried Finnegans? It’s not fancy but their food is very good and not too expensive. We also really like Vivo. Their tiramisu is to die for! Also Italian, both restaurants at Portofino are good (mama Della’s and bice) but I think bice is way overpriced.
we must have been reading each others mind b/c i was looking at Finnegans and thinking that looks good!

This was taken a little over a week ago:

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJhoYufZwgTydePd9aQBCutgaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA

...great food, great service, great atmosphere!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!