Where to eat at Universal Orlando including menus...UPDATED REGULARLY

Ok, So we will be at Universal next Friday - Tuesday. I just read that the parks are closing on Friday and Saturday for Florida's "Grad Bash" at 6pm 👎 so we are making a reservation for dinner at City Walk. We narrowed it to our top 3.... In no particular order... We are looking for your favorites... Looks like all 3 are pretty awesome....
top Choice
- Bigfire
- Cowfish
-Pat O'brien's
Back up choice
Margaritaville (been to a bunch of them)
Bob Marley's
Hard Rock

The Cowfish Has Left the Building Burger... Should I pass or is it just weird enough to be delicious? I don't want to blow $20 on a burger I won't enjoy, but I also want something different I'd never make at home. Any thoughts?... Thanks!

Last edited:

First Universal trip coming up.

I have booked the following:
Vivo
Cowfish
Mama Della’s
NBC Sports Grill
Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

Thoughts? If you’ve eaten at any of these, please let me know what you ordered, what you liked or didn’t like…

Thank you!

Vivo
Cowfish
Mama Della’s
NBC Sports Grill

Thoughts? If you’ve eaten at any of these, please let me know what you ordered, what you liked or didn’t like…

Thank you!

Vivo is excellent, probably one of the best options on Citywalk, and I`m not a big fan of Italian food. Everything we have had there has been wonderful. Meatballs, Antipasto, meat pizza, chicken piccata, monkfish, mussels, linguine with clams have all been delicious.

Cowfish, only for burgers, sushi is bland and tasteless.

NBC again only for burgers.

Not a fan of Mama Della`s and wouldn`t go to Toothsome again if it was for free.

NBC Sports Grill - their buffalo chicken mac and cheese was fabulous! Probably the best I've ever had, which is saying a lot.

Toothsome - have enjoyed the various appetizers & I love their berries & cream waffle with its lemon curd!

Cowfish - crab rangoon dip is lovely, and the pulled pork "sushi" is very tasty & unique. Friend has enjoyed the burgers there also.

Vivo
Cowfish
Mama Della’s
NBC Sports Grill

Thank you!
Cowfish: Blackened Tuna Nachos, OMG Roll (not raw) and Tropical Storm Roll (raw)--very good.

Toothsome: Entrees--Average, Ribeye Sandwich--Terrible, Desserts--Very Good.

if you like italian food you won’t be packing any pounds on i’d you start with a salad

Hmm, with mixed reviews on Toothsome should we try to switch to Margaritaville?
We are traveling with extended family & one of the families with young children picked Toothsome.

Read the menu for both eateries
(Toothsome and Margaritaville)

Go with the one that all in your group has at least a couple of food options they would eat

I can find two entrees on the Toothsome menu + most of their desserts

Margaritaville has a full menu also but for me it’s more of the ambiance that i like better than their food.

Toothsome is more family oriented but their food is so hit or miss. I can easily find lots of things on their menu that sound good, but whether they actually taste good is a different story. I had the steak sandwich and it was pretty gross. Burgers are ok but I had a stomach ache for hours afterward. Most of their appetizers are good and the flatbread. Entrees are where there is the most inconsistency imo

I contacted Margaritaville and they can’t seat more than 8 people at a table and can’t guarantee we would be seated next to or near each other.
If we don’t go to Toothsome, I will need to find a restaurant that can seat us together or tables next to/near each other.
Thoughts?

I contacted Margaritaville and they can’t seat more than 8 people at a table and can’t guarantee we would be seated next to or near each other.
If we don’t go to Toothsome, I will need to find a restaurant that can seat us together or tables next to/near each other.
Thoughts?
Just FYI, in our experiences, we’ve had great experiences at Toothsome. We don’t go everytime but now and then yes. We’ve repeated this restaurant more times than Cowfish. We request upstairs and have always been seated up there but I guess no guarantee. To each his own but it might be worth a shot. Super fun desserts too and I love the atmosphere.

Thoughts?
I’d say if you haven’t been just go and give it a try.
i have had some good things there. My dd had the burger with the fried egg on it and loved it she also had the filet last time and it was very good. Have also had good meatloaf and short ribs. Maybe go thru some reviews to see specifically what folks did and did not care for.

BOB MARLEY’S: anyone have much experience here, or insider knowledge, who can maybe help me out?

We‘ve eaten there once and absolutely loved the food. I would very much like to go again during my upcoming birthday trip in November, BUT… we seriously couldn’t handle how LOUD it was in there. Like, it was physically painful—rattled my chest and bones—and not exactly safe to the ears (and we have someone with hearing loss in our family, so we don’t mess around with that. The night we were there, they had a live band, which is where the extremely excessive noise came in. It was a full-on stadium concert level of sound. When the band took a break, the piped in music was still excessive, but it at least wasn’t painful.

Does anyone know if there are any set days or specific times we could go that would be guaranteed to not have a live band playing?

Do you suggest reservations for Vivo for late August or are we OK with a walk up? Has anyone had their chicken parm? How was it?

BOB MARLEY’S: anyone have much experience here, or insider knowledge, who can maybe help me out?

We‘ve eaten there once and absolutely loved the food. I would very much like to go again during my upcoming birthday trip in November, BUT… we seriously couldn’t handle how LOUD it was in there. Like, it was physically painful—rattled my chest and bones—and not exactly safe to the ears (and we have someone with hearing loss in our family, so we don’t mess around with that. The night we were there, they had a live band, which is where the extremely excessive noise came in. It was a full-on stadium concert level of sound. When the band took a break, the piped in music was still excessive, but it at least wasn’t painful.

Does anyone know if there are any set days or specific times we could go that would be guaranteed to not have a live band playing?
Things may have changed (I can update next week, as we have a reservation for our upcoming trip!) as it is a few years since we visited, but we went just after opening time (5pm?) and it was very quiet. I don’t recall the background music being very loud. Loved the food then, and this time round, everyone has been salivating over the menu already!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter