Where to eat at Universal Orlando including menus...UPDATED REGULARLY

Theme Park full service dining

The latest available time for full service dining in Universal Florida seems to consistently be 3:45pm - for both Finnegan's and Lombard's. Does this seem right? I checked dates in June, July and August.

One of my kids needs to eat gluten free, and with the reported wait times and understaffing at counter places, I'm trying to book table service places. 3:45 for dinner kind of means I can't have a table service for lunch.

The latest available time for full service dining in Universal Florida seems to consistently be 3:45pm - for both Finnegan's and Lombard's. Does this seem right? I checked dates in June, July and August.

One of my kids needs to eat gluten free, and with the reported wait times and understaffing at counter places, I'm trying to book table service places. 3:45 for dinner kind of means I can't have a table service for lunch.

I picked a random Saturday (June 26) and a party of 2, and I can reserve til 6:45pm at Lombard's, although I was still time-limited at Finnegan's...

PS - Remember, you can also reserve City Walk places, and some are really awesome and affordable...

On Friday evening I booked Lombard’s for this Wednesday at 5:45

I’ve seen a few reports of Lombard’s closing a few hours before park closing. Your best bet for sit down restaurant at Universal Studios would be Finnegan’s after 3 PM for a week night.

Huh, what the heck - we're about 5 months out from our trip and on a whim I checked Cowfish's online reservations to see how far out they book. And every single mid-week day we're at Orlando, Cowfish is completely unavailable for dinner reservations. (11/8-11/12) I am completely taken aback!

I grabbed a 12pm lunch reservation on the one day there were times available (our last day in town) but man, I really wasn't expecting a 6 month booking to be necessary for a City Walk restaurant.

So, a heads up, I guess. :) We'll still try our chances for walk-up, or maybe a last minute dinner res will open up, but this was my Plan A for our trip birthday dinner, so plan ahead if you're thinking Cowfish for a special occasion!

Replying to my own post to say I jumped the gun re: reservations. I was mildly alarmed for our desired birthday dinner that there was a blocked off week surrounded by weeks with normal availability, but maybe I checked when they were still adjusting capacity and opening up availability. :)

I do want to add, though, that Toothesome did not have availability for lunches last week. This was surprising for us, as we’ve never had an issue before.
Good point! We didn't try there & I think I'd read that they have gone to ressies mostly or only for all times.

We are going 7/13-7/14 and had a very hard time making dinner reservations. I had a BigFire reservation for the 14th and cancelled it to try to get in on 13th. Nothing was available. Then checked Antojitos nothing available. So I luckily was able to get my original reservation back for the 14th. The weird thing is the Zomato site doesn’t show the times as booked until you try to go through the reservation. Very odd.

Huh, what the heck - we're about 5 months out from our trip and on a whim I checked Cowfish's online reservations to see how far out they book. And every single mid-week day we're at Orlando, Cowfish is completely unavailable for dinner reservations. (11/8-11/12) I am completely taken aback!

I grabbed a 12pm lunch reservation on the one day there were times available (our last day in town) but man, I really wasn't expecting a 6 month booking to be necessary for a City Walk restaurant.

So, a heads up, I guess. :) We'll still try our chances for walk-up, or maybe a last minute dinner res will open up, but this was my Plan A for our trip birthday dinner, so plan ahead if you're thinking Cowfish for a special occasion!

Veteran’s Day week - crowds increase at Disney; probably Universal, too.

Veteran’s Day week - crowds increase at Disney; probably Universal, too.
That seems odd. I booked Cowfish a week ago at 7:30PM for mid-July - all times were open all day and all night long. I would suggest trying again, or inquiring about how far in advance reservations are available.

That seems odd. I booked Cowfish a week ago at 7:30PM for mid-July - all times were open all day and all night long. I would suggest trying again, or inquiring about how far in advance reservations are available.

Yeah, I suspect I happened to check when they were adjusting capacity and reservations, etc. There was a blocked off week with no Cowfish availability for no visible reason, but reservations are up and wide open now, especially for a few weeks-months in advance.

Kinda thinking of deleting my post or turning off notifications because no one is seeing the follow up posts that reservations appear to have been increased and my original concern for our special occasion dinner is no longer relevant. :)

UP Facebook page said dining plans gone. But will honor all that was previously purchased. I guess I never found much use for them, but did come a few dollars ahead when I did use the quick service one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter