Where to eat at Universal Orlando including menus...UPDATED REGULARLY

Does anyone know if Toothsome's has any safe offerings for someone with a nut allergy? I haven't been able to find any info on this online.
Thanks!
I have a tree nut and peanut allergy and was able to eat there. I got the red velvet milkshake for dessert

Full Service Reservations. I was just watching the recent Dis Unplugged YouTube videos for Universal. One mentioned that the Full Service places are requiring reservations now. Even Toothsome (unless memory is flawed). She also mentioned using Open Table. On Open Table I see only resort and off-site restaurants. None inside the parks or City Walk, which is where we'll be doing our restaurant eating this trip. I have a phone number that includes many restaurants at Universal, but not all. Can anyone help with this?

Full Service Reservations. I was just watching the recent Dis Unplugged YouTube videos for Universal. One mentioned that the Full Service places are requiring reservations now. Even Toothsome (unless memory is flawed). She also mentioned using Open Table. On Open Table I see only resort and off-site restaurants. None inside the parks or City Walk, which is where we'll be doing our restaurant eating this trip. I have a phone number that includes many restaurants at Universal, but not all. Can anyone help with this?
Go to the Universal website. Find the restaurant you want and click on it. Under the restaurant hours there is a reservations Icon with a phone number or a place to click online reservations. I have three reservations in June booked for Toothsome already.

How does mobile ordering work? We are used to Disney’s system but I think it is different at universal. Do you order before going in and wait outside until ready or do you get a table then order? We want to do Three Broomsticks (knowing it will be a slow process) and probably a couple other places. Just want to have some idea how it is done ahead of time. I assume you have to pay on the app too, correct? We made a reservation at Cowfish and Mythos but the rest of our meals will prob be quick service.

How does mobile ordering work? We are used to Disney’s system but I think it is different at universal. Do you order before going in and wait outside until ready or do you get a table then order? We want to do Three Broomsticks (knowing it will be a slow process) and probably a couple other places. Just want to have some idea how it is done ahead of time. I assume you have to pay on the app too, correct? We made a reservation at Cowfish and Mythos but the rest of our meals will prob be quick service.

I dined at Thunder Falls Terrace in March. I was assigned a table first. During the ordering process, the user is to scan the barcode on the table which will assign the table number to the order.

My order froze up at some point after I selected my food and reached the opportunity to pay; I didn't get to the point to scan the table marker. It did not appear that anyone else was having an issue like mine and I never learned what the problem was. I think I was on wi-fi at first but also tried again with wi-fi off; I had a valid credit card entered in my Universal ap. I went through the initial steps just fine and then when I got to the step to verify order or maybe to pay, I got a blank white screen. I ended up ordering at the cash register which is where people had to order if they wanted to use a gift card. A table number is needed when making an order at the cash register.

More of the story... While I was at the cash register making my order, I saw some people sit at my table. Evidently, the person monitoring at the entrance saw that my table was empty and gave it away. I had to walk a few steps to the person monitoring the entrance to get another table assigned to me so I then had a correct table number to give the cashier.

I dined at Thunder Falls Terrace in March. I was assigned a table first. During the ordering process, the user is to scan the barcode on the table which will assign the table number to the order.

My order froze up at some point after I selected my food and reached the opportunity to pay; I didn't get to the point to scan the table marker. It did not appear that anyone else was having an issue like mine and I never learned what the problem was. I think I was on wi-fi at first but also tried again with wi-fi off; I had a valid credit card entered in my Universal ap. I went through the initial steps just fine and then when I got to the step to verify order or maybe to pay, I got a blank white screen. I ended up ordering at the cash register which is where people had to order if they wanted to use a gift card. A table number is needed when making an order at the cash register.

More of the story... While I was at the cash register making my order, I saw some people sit at my table. Evidently, the person monitoring at the entrance saw that my table was empty and gave it away. I had to walk a few steps to the person monitoring the entrance to get another table assigned to me so I then had a correct table number to give the cashier.

ugh that sounds like a mess.

D

PP1

I will explore menus over time as I figure out my trip. I am wondering budget thoughts, we are used to using DDP. This will be our first trip to Universal and first OOP food trip. Family of five, and I'm thinking $300/day for food, but I like to over estimate. Stay will be Cabana Bay, most meals and snacks will be while at parks/resort. Although if I can figure it out we may order groceries to cover snacks and breakfast.

I will explore menus over time as I figure out my trip. I am wondering budget thoughts, we are used to using DDP. This will be our first trip to Universal and first OOP food trip. Family of five, and I'm thinking $300/day for food, but I like to over estimate. Stay will be Cabana Bay, most meals and snacks will be while at parks/resort. Although if I can figure it out we may order groceries to cover snacks and breakfast.
I actually think the food at UOR is better priced than WDW. We like to get small breakfast foods on the way to the resort and have that in the room, then eat out at the parks or City Walk the other two meals of the day.

I cannot find this info, though I consider myself a competent to excellent Googler: what quick service places have AC? We usually go in August and have our favorites, but I wonder where we might be missing out new food and AC? Thanks for any recommendations!

I cannot find this info, though I consider myself a competent to excellent Googler: what quick service places have AC? We usually go in August and have our favorites, but I wonder where we might be missing out new food and AC? Thanks for any recommendations!
The only places that jump out at as NOT having AC is Hot Dog Hall of Fame on City Walk and little kiosk stands.

Although you didn't include details (age, appetite level) of your family, I would say that $300/day is probably way more than enough. The food at Cabana Bay is plentiful, relatively cost-effective, and actually really good, considering you are at a theme park hotel food court. Both CB and Universal have refillable mugs (although they aren't interchangeable) that can save you some money. While at the parks, sometimes the quick service dining plan which gives you one meal with a drink and then two snacks or drinks can be an effective money saving tool (note: you can also bundle the park refillable mug in with the plan too). And you don't need to buy the dining plan in advance - you just buy it where you order your meal. The portions at Universal are large and a lot of them can be shared. Even the table service meals are reasonably priced and plentiful. We've been known to take leftovers back to our room and have them the next day for lunch or dinner. In short, there are a lot of ways to save money if you need to.

How are you getting to Universal? If you use a private car service, a lot of them offer a stop at grocery store. I'm not a huge breakfast person so I like getting something small for the room.

You can also make online reservations through the Universal Orlando website, not the app. Go to the dining section, click on the restaurant you are interested in and if it offers reservations it will have the online option you can click on.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 14
A longtime ago Mels Diner inside Universal Studios offered AAA discount . I am passholder now and they offer discounts everywhere including the Starbucks at Cabana Bay .So be sure to ask if you have AAA or AP.
I think it would be funny if they said Hell yes we allow discounts with WDW Passholders!
It’s hard to keep track because Covid has changed before during and after trip planning.
Have fun!

We stay at Cabana Bay every year, and budget $60 a person/day, it's plenty. We get a grocery order from instacart, to cover most breakfasts, and snacks/waters/sodas for the room. We will also usually have a breakfast or two in the Bayliner diner and one of the HP restaurants, 3 or 4 sit down meals, in park snacks, and adult beverages. The freestyle cups are worth it for us, it lets us get soda or powerade for lunch, and we use it for water. We have 2 cups for the 3 of us, DD has her own and DH and I share one. The hotel refillable mugs are great too, DH uses his for coffee every morning and we can use them for sodas with meals at the hotel.

Have a great trip!!!

They opened up additional reservations a few weeks after I wrote this, which I updated further down in the thread, y'all can stop messaging me about this please. :)

Huh, what the heck - we're about 5 months out from our trip and on a whim I checked Cowfish's online reservations to see how far out they book. And every single mid-week day we're at Orlando, Cowfish is completely unavailable for dinner reservations. (11/8-11/12) I am completely taken aback!

I grabbed a 12pm lunch reservation on the one day there were times available (our last day in town) but man, I really wasn't expecting a 6 month booking to be necessary for a City Walk restaurant.

So, a heads up, I guess. :) We'll still try our chances for walk-up, or maybe a last minute dinner res will open up, but this was my Plan A for our trip birthday dinner, so plan ahead if you're thinking Cowfish for a special occasion!

Last edited:
Huh, what the heck - we're about 5 months out from our trip and on a whim I checked Cowfish's online reservations to see how far out they book. And every single mid-week day we're at Orlando, Cowfish is completely unavailable for dinner reservations. (11/8-11/12) I am completely taken aback!

I grabbed a 12pm lunch reservation on the one day there were times available (our last day in town) but man, I really wasn't expecting a 6 month booking to be necessary for a City Walk restaurant.

So, a heads up, I guess. :) We'll still try our chances for walk-up, or maybe a last minute dinner res will open up, but this was my Plan A for our trip birthday dinner, so plan ahead if you're thinking Cowfish for a special occasion!

Some restaurants are closed on Monday through Wednesday. It’s also possible that restaurants haven’t released their (full) availability to the booking engine six month before the date. Keep checking.

Some restaurants are closed on Monday through Wednesday.

You know, that's a really good point - it's kind of an off season time, and the hours might be different because of that. The previous weeks are HHN and the following week is getting closer to Thanksgiving, so it might be an off week for them. I'll keep my eyes open for sure, and we'll see how it goes!

Well, and the restaurant social distancing should be gone soon. So that would free up more spots.

Definitely keep checking for a better reservation.

We enjoyed cowfish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter