Where to eat a sit down dinner at MK?

meganbear

Mouseketeer
We plan on being in MK for two days, one day we have PS for LTT, but for the next day what restaurant do you suggest? We want a nice sit down dinner---so that means no counter service. Please tell me which place you prefer and why? Thanks!

There are not nearly as many sit down options in MK as there seem to be in other parks. If LTT is out (already going) and you prefer not to do a buffet (no Crystal Palace) then your options would be Cindy's, Tony's, or the Plaza Restaurant. Of those for dinner I would pick the castle, just because I love the atmosphere in there.

Tony's or the Castle would be great choices. They both have great food and large portions. But, I think the Castle would certainly be the more "special" of the two because of the atmosphere.

Of course, if you like a buffet and you're looking for some more character interaction, then Crystal Place is a great place. I always enjoy the food and it's a little less of a budget buster than Tony's or the Castle.

Enjoy!

I'll second (or third, lol) the Castle. It is pretty magical dining in there. The menu is delicious albeit expensive. Depending on the time of year you visit, you might be able to time dinner with the fireworks. That is an awesome experience!

If I have to stay in the park the Plaza or Cindy's. For dinner I would suggest one of the nearby resorts by monorail. The food is exceptional at Cal Grill, Concourse St, Konas, or Narcoossees.

Menus
www.wdwig.com/menu/menus.htm

I would recommend the Crystal Palace. :) We love both Liberty Tree & Crysal Palace for dinner in the Mk. We make sure to eat at both on every trip to WDW. The characters are great & the buffet offers a variety of foods & a tasty dessert area. HTH! :)

My vote goes for the castle or the Plaza. We have never been happy with Tony's.

LTT is our favorite at the MK. Second would have to be the castle. It is really magical eating there. Another option is one of the near by resorts, but that does take a little more time. Places we have gone to include Cheif Mickey (character buffet), Whispering Canyon Cafe (Sit down but loud and fun) or Trails end Buffet at FW.(Good home cooking/ Buffet style). If you are not in a hurry to get back, any place at any of the MK resorts are good choices. WE love Ohanna's.

Jordan's mom

Thanks everyone! I think after reading this thread and doing a search on the Crystal Palace, that is where I'm making my PS---even though it is a buffet, I like the fact that the kids can do their own plates with a buffet set up for them.

Oh by the way, I already have PS for 'Ohanas on the first night we are there!!! Can't wait!!!!

Good choice, meganbear!! I was just getting ready to say, Crystal Palace is one of our favorites!! We love the beautiful setting, the characters, and there is always plenty of food choices, with very good quality. Ohana's is another favorite, but you already have that covered.

We haven't tried the Castle lately, but we took our kids there back in '98, and weren't too impressed. The food was average, and, there wasn't much interaction with Cindy and her prince, due to the large crowd.

Have a wonderful trip!!:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter