Where to celebrate a seven year old's birthday?

Jen D

DIS Veteran
First, we really didn't like Chef Mickey's, I know that's a common birthday suggestion. DD is turning 7 on our trip, looking for a place to have a nice family meal and maybe have a special birthday cake that we order in advance. Suggestions? Her favorite food is sushi but she is flexible.

I didn't make any special prior arrangements other than a PS, but when the staff at both the Crystal Palace and Liberty Tree Tavern saw my 14 yr old's birthday button, they went all out. He got mickey confetti (and streamers at LTT) on the table and a birthday card signed by all the characters at each. At the CP they gave him a cupcake with a candle in it (at breakfast) and Pooh came and got him first to lead the parade around the room. Thankfully he is small for his age so he didn't look too silly leading all the tiny kids around. At LTT I declined the offer of a cake, so they put a candle in the ice cream on the apple cobbler and all came around the table to sing to him. He felt very special each time. The food is really good at CP, LTT is ok, but I like to have more choices.

If her favorite food is sushi, what about the Calif. Grille? Perhaps you coould time it watch the fireworks from there. Some folks may think this is too grown up for a 7 year old, but that depends on the kid.

If she likes sushi I too suggest California Grill. My ds also adores sushi and he loves it there. I also think the sushi is good at Kimonos.

We're celebrating my DD's 7th birthday in WDW in July! I mentioned it with every PS I made. I'm ordering a slipper dessert for 1900 Park Fare dinner. We're going to have a cake sent to our room along with balloons. If I had to choose one place I'd pick O'Hana's or if she's into princesses 1900 Park Fare Cinderella's Gala Feast. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the character meals for a birthday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter