Where to buy QUALITY family shirts for Disney?

sethschroeder

DIS Veteran
First off let me outline my group: DH, DW, DD (size T3), DD (size 9m), DGM, DGP

I am looking for shirts that have the soft lite feeling to them. None of the fabric that is stiff and feels like its 10 pounds, especially since we are going in September (HOT HOT HOT).

I would also like the womens shirts to actually be womens cuts instead of the square unisex cut that you normally find. Likely its best for us to just send a design to a printer but does anyone have suggestions on who to go through for printing or who might already do Disney customization.

This is my both of my daughters first trips so that's why I would like to do a t-shirt.

Your best bet is to find someone on ETSY / FB wherever to make the shirts so you get what you want. I used to have all of ours made that way. I don't have specific suggestions as to who right now because the last few years my mother and SIL have their own Cricut machines and just make the shirts for me. This really gives the best flexibility - to have them made. For our last trip I picked out lightweight long shirts from Academy that I love and had them use those.

I've had great luck on Etsy as well. So many shirts to choose from! I got mine from BellaDesignsStl. I've also purchased the iron on transfer downloads (also from Etsy, Partysplurge) and made my own.

I would find someone on etsy that makes shirts or you could buy your own shirts of the quality that you like and just by iron-on decals from etsy to transfer to the shirts. I find the quality of shirts from what I have bought off of Etsy to be fine.

Wanted to jump in here and give our recent experience with buying Disney grapic tees from Kohls. Ordered 8 or 9 shirts total for 4 different family members. Great designs! Loved all the graphics! Were so excited to get them! and then........
Just out of the package we noticed how incredibly THIN they were. Before even taking them out of the bags they were wrapped in, my husband said, "wow, these are very light-weight". My brain immediately registered that they wouldn't last long... that they would rip or get holes in easily but heck, in FL heat you want thin clothing anyway so .....
But then I washed them. Took my husband's out of the dryer and immediately knew it was no longer his size! Yup! He tried it on and it fit him like a Med, not the Large that the shirt was and the size he wears!
I returned most of the shirts. Seriously, they were the cheapest feeling tee shirts I've ever come across! You can find better quality tees in Walmart!

ETA- the one shirt that I did keep, I just folded after washing and the seams at the bottom of the shirt and at the edges of the sleeves came out of the wash all twisted and mishapen.

Last edited:

Etsy. And I make sure I read the details and confirm the quality of the shirts. I like sellers who use Bella canvas because they have women’s cuts. I stay away from sellers who use the Gildan shirts from Walmart.

One of my faves is bykystudios on Etsy. She has lots of original designs and her styles are always available. MountainThreadStudio also had some great shirts. I bought about 10 shirts between the two of them. For DD and myself.

I’ve found sellers on IG but they usually do small quantities at a time. I get irritated with sellers who do “drops” and you have to buy within two minutes or it’s all sold out. Then you have to wait another 3-6 months for another drop.

Teepublic.com

Just type in Disney and have fun exploring! My recommendation is the HEATHERED shirts. They are super soft. They have several women's cuts as well as kids sizing.

We got ours from kohl's ultimately. I don't want a huge heavy cotton shirt for Disney.

If they fall apart after a wash I will simply return them for my money back when we are back from Disney.
That's one way to do it. Just remember, if you spent any earned "Kohl's Cash" from the purchase, it will be deducted from your return value. They don't miss a thing! :)
FWIW- I checked the Disney Store for Tees for my DH. Many of those shirts were 50-60% polyester and thin too. I passed. Everyone's preference is different but I prefer 100% cotton in hot climates. Wearing polyester/acrylic feels like I'm wearing a plastic shirt in the FL heat. Makes sense since anything made of Polyester (including "dry-fit") is essentially plastic, as polyester is plastic-based material.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter