Where the H*ll is the FDD or ANY prmotions!

sscassel

Mouseketeer
Disney is giving me chest pains for crying out loud! Wish they would put up the new offers like the FDD! Getting upset because my friends and family are getting codes. But not us who have been there 5 times in the past 6 yrs! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:headache:

i plan on skipping this year, im either skipping a vaca to save money or want to go somewhere new (hey ive never been to disneyland...;) ). that is why in the last two months they have sent me two pin codes. i almost cried when the second one came in for free dining with lady and the tramp as tonys town square spaghetti and meatballs is our favorite disney meal. if only they would let you pass pins on.

I'm sorry. I wish I could give you my code. We can't go, dh lost his job and Disney is punishing me by sending me more and more codes this year.

There was an article during the past few weeks that Disney is trying to wean guests from expecting discounts. Can't remember the source. Orlando Sentinel? It was posted on DISboards somewhere!

So don't hold your breath too long!

Although, you never know. Between fuel prices and the price of everything else increasing, they may need to rethink their strategy--at least in the short term!

Wean guests! O geez. Maybe they should start by not sending out codes to select few cause the rest of us sit & wait....Meantime no bookings are happening for them in that case.

They know you're probably going to go so they're not as incentivized to give you a discount. I OTH have only been a few times and not for several years so they're trying really hard to get me to come back so I get tons of codes.

I've never received a code. lol I guess 3 times in 6 years is good enough for them. Although this time I got my kids for free and 30% off the DDP. :)

We're not doing it this year. It's too expensive without the discounts... I should probably change my signature. lol. We have always gone for free dining and stayed value. A room discount on a value isn't even close to what you get with free dining. I have a big family and can't afford to do it without a big discount. They'll miss us this year. :) Hopefully they will rethink their strategy and we'll be back another year.

Yes, they most definitly need to rethink this entire thing! The only way I was able to get there was I snagged cheap tickets in advance on Airtran and FDD. Stayed at CB a few times, the rest POP. Hope they reconsider

Wean guests! O geez. Maybe they should start by not sending out codes to select few cause the rest of us sit & wait....Meantime no bookings are happening for them in that case.

People used to beg, plead and whine over and over for a 40% off Deluxe PIN code. It was highly coveted and people wanted it badly. It just ended YESTERDAY. It was up for months. Along with other discounts on rooms. The one I booked for our first night got me a value for 66 bucks for the night.
Free Dining was offered at the start of the year for selected dates for the rest of the year. And it was offered for MONTHS. Wasn't it August until December that we could book that?
I want to save money on my vacation as much as the next person.. and I always look for the best deal. I understand the anticipation.. but it's not like things haven't been offered.
There was also the kids stay and play free. I mean sure.. not every discount works for everyone.. but it's not like they have dried up completely. In fact the booking window for free dining was longer than ever.. it was just at a different time.

As far as codes go, I've only received 1 in the last few years. We make one or two trips to either DL or WDW a year and are still not on their "let's send a pin" list. So instead we usually just book the best discount code rate that we can find, whether it's an AP or AAA rate. Or in the case of DL, offsite.

as someone who is unexperienced at disney, its hard to figure out what a good rate is and what isn't.

Not sure if this will help or not, but I ordered the vacation DVD and a week or two later I got the free dining pin and a room only pin in the postal mail.

Can't hurt?

I don't think I could do DL. I think I would be disappointed. I love Epcot & DHS.

Oh no....I LOVE DL!!! It's so charming and it's the original so to me that adds a little extra magic. Plus, you can walk to the parks from any of the Disney hotels (We stayed at Paradise Pier). You actually walk thru Downtown Disney to get to the parks. I love it and wish we go could go back. Bonus: The POTC is better!

24 trips so far... I dont recall EVER getting a pin code. Ive asked, begged, and signed up for everything they said you should try. Nothing helped.:mad:

Here is my little observation.

I have been to Disney 25+ times. I used to go 4 times a year or more now it's once or twice. It's the economy.

I never ever get a code!

Once I went with a boyfriend and you know how Disney loves to keep information. I got a code sent to my house in HIS name. He went one time with me under MY name.

Fast forward a few years. My current DBF went with me once. He gets codes monthly.

Me....still not at all.

I see it as they want to hook new people. They know that they already have me so why offer me a discount? Sheesh.

I recently moved so I am thinking of establishing a new Disney account under that address and starting all over with them. My name is the same but I have one of those really common names. Think Mary Smith, it's not it but close!

Lisa

I wish I could give you mine. I have received 2 in the last month. I am wanting to go around Christmas time and then next year around April. The codes I got are for April-August.

I got a code about two weeks after booking a WDW for May (I was able to apply the code, saved over $400!). Then just yesterday I got another FDD code for travel this summer. As much as I'd love to go twice in one year, A) I can't afford it and B) you couldn't pay me to go to WDW in summer...too hot and too crowded!

It's weird how some of us get tons of offers and others get none. Maybe it helps that we haven't been to WDW in 6 years (we've been to DLR though, as we often add on a few days in CA when visiting my family in AZ).

I don't think I could do DL. I think I would be disappointed. I love Epcot & DHS.

DL and WDW have their own personalities, but both are great in their own ways. :wizard:

We went back to DL last summer after having done WDW for several years - both my daughter and I would be hard pressed to name which one we like 'better'! I suspect my daughter would even say she liked DL better overall, although she loves Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!