Where Should We Stop Between Savannah, GA & Cherokee, NC?

tarheelmjfan

Proud Redhead
We'll be traveling from Savannah to Cherokee for DH's job. We can leave Savannah sometime Friday late afternoon & need to be in Cherokee Sunday night. Unfortunately, I have very little time to research, so I'm hoping that some of you are familiar with the drive. If so, where should we stop for a night or two & what should we consider doing with the limited time?

We'll be traveling from Savannah to Cherokee for DH's job. We can leave Savannah sometime Friday late afternoon & need to be in Cherokee Sunday night. Unfortunately, I have very little time to research, so I'm hoping that some of you are familiar with the drive. If so, where should we stop for a night or two & what should we consider doing with the limited time?
Assuming you are doing 95-26-40 ... I would drive as far as you are comfortable and stay in hotel. Get up early and head to Asheville. Aside from the Vanderbilt Estate there are other things to do, downtown, lots of good eats & drinks. Stay over there. Then Sunday late afternoon head over to Cherokee.

https://www.exploreasheville.com/things-to-do/

Assuming you are doing 95-26-40 ... I would drive as far as you are comfortable and stay in hotel. Get up early and head to Asheville. Aside from the Vanderbilt Estate there are other things to do, downtown, lots of good eats & drinks. Stay over there. Then Sunday late afternoon head over to Cherokee.

https://www.exploreasheville.com/things-to-do/
Thanks for the suggestion. I agree that Asheville is a great place to visit that we will consider, if we don't find somewhere to visit that we haven't been to. I should have mentioned that we both grew up 50 minutes or less from Asheville & still visit family once or twice a year. We never seem to have enough time to explore all the new things Asheville has to offer, when were up there though.

Thanks for the suggestion. I agree that Asheville is a great place to visit that we will consider, if we don't find somewhere to visit that we haven't been to. I should have mentioned that we both grew up 50 minutes or less from Asheville & still visit family once or twice a year. We never seem to have enough time to explore all the new things Asheville has to offer, when were up there though.
Oh that changes things then ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter