Where should my parents and sis stay? NEAT FREAKS!

WeLoveLilo05

DIS Veteran
I finally convinced my parents into going to FL w/ us!!!! woohoo, so now we will be a party of 11, of course all staying at a different resort. My aunt and her crew are @ POR, I am @ CBR, and my parents are unsure.
My mom wants to stay at a deluxe, her top priority is cleanliness! She was thinking of YC or BC, what do you think? What do you suggest? She does not want WL, as she is not into that theming.
Thanks!!!

I finally convinced my parents into going to FL w/ us!!!! woohoo, so now we will be a party of 11, of course all staying at a different resort. My aunt and her crew are @ POR, I am @ CBR, and my parents are unsure.
My mom wants to stay at a deluxe, her top priority is cleanliness! She was thinking of YC or BC, what do you think? What do you suggest? She does not want WL, as she is not into that theming.
Thanks!!!

Unfortunately, with the layoffs and cutbacks, you will read of "bad mousekeeping" at every resort -- from the values to the deluxes, etc. I would see which theme appeals to them most and possibly ask for a VIP cleaning (if you do a search, there is a phone number for this).

YC and BC are both pretty neat. YC had the most recent refurb, so that's probably the neatest.

I think Mousekeeping is hit or miss regardless of where you stay. For a fresh looking room, I'd pick the deluxe that has had the most recent room rehabs.

Wait, the YC has no QS at all?

We've never stayed at YC but from what I've read the YC has no QS. The BC has a market with a few breakfast items and sandwiches, etc. There is the Boardwalk Bakery with a decent selection of goodies but no breakfast.
Grand Floridian is very lovely and has a QS restaurant tho. This trip I was pushing for Beach Club because of the theme, the great pool, and all the restaurants in the area but I was voted down by the rest of the family so it's back to the Poly for us again this year.

You know. When I read the subject line, despite my LOVE for staying on property, given all the cut backs and personal as well as other experiences I've read, my first answer I blurted out was Waldorf Astoria. Not that I've ever been, but WDW doesn't seem to care right now so much about their image on resort room cleanliness, but I'm betting the Waldorf does. It's on property too and right between DHS and DTD. This is coming from me, someone who knows how things are right now BUT still wanted to buy DVC anyway. So I don't think I'm being unnecessarily harsh, I'm just less picky and by no means a neat freak.

* I should add I've stayed at all but 1 mod and half of the deluxes.

We have stayed at the Poly, AKL, CSR, POFQ and POP.
Our cleanest room was at POP.;)

Cleanliness is not a value/moderate/deluxe issue.

Has your mom thought about staying at the Contemporary? Each time my family and I have been there we never had any complaints about our room not being clean. Plus their counter service location which is called the Contempo Cafe is an amazing place to eat at.

I've stayed at the BC two years in a row, and it both the rooms and public areas were always very clean. (I am a neat freak too!)

Thanks!!!
IF you can afford it Contemporary Towers is pristine.

We have stayed at the Poly, AKL, CSR, POFQ and POP.
Our cleanest room was at POP.;)

Cleanliness is not a value/moderate/deluxe issue.

I'd have to second that about Pop being the cleanest! We've stayed at POR, AKL, WL, BC and BWV. AKL was a close second in terms of cleanliness.

Contemporary seemed very clean to me when we stayed there. Poly was clean as well, but probably not quite AS clean.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter