• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where should I eat TONIGHT?

ducklite

<font color=teal>Take the Poly, it's fabulous!<br>
I'll be solo. Have about $100 Disney reward Dollars, so price isn't a concern (but I don't want V&A's). Want a nice meal, no character meals or buffets or Whispering Canyon, and don't want to go into a park. I just can't decide.

Make my mind up for me...

Choices:

Spoodles
CG
AP
YSH
Kona
Jiko
Yacht Club Galley
Citrico (but somehow that's not appealing to me tonight--weird, it's usually in the top three!)

Or throw something else my way.

Anne

Yachtsman, only because I saw that they had a scallops dish on the menu that looked divine last time I was there and I could really go for that right now. Have fun and let us know which one you chose!

Anne, I would kind of like you to go to YSH because it's one of my favorites but if I remember your reviews (which are very helpful btw) you REALLY like Jiko. I say go for the African theme tonight - a filet at Jiko and a good glass of wine (or two ;-) Have fun!!!

Go to the Flying Fish Cafe on the Boardwalk and sit at the bar and watch the chef! Delicious food...

Although YSH, Jiko and Kona are three of my favorites, I can't stop thinking about Palio. I had their Fiocchi special three weeks ago and it was soooo good!

Or CG I would feel comfortable in both eating alone. What about downtown disney. I had a fabulous meal at Bongos the last time I was there. The service was superb and the food was delicious. The seating was comfortable too.

Jiko! You can sit facing the kitchen and have a great conversation with the chef if you feel like talking!

What about BlueZoo, I've read good things about it! Have fun where ever you decide.

My vote would be Jiko. Have fun and let us know which one you decided on. :)

Fulton's Crab House - if you're a seafood lover. Great menu and choices.

So many choices..but if it were me tonight I'd choose Kona. I miss the Polynesian!

Plus it is bright enough to read which I like to do if dining solo!

Well, I went against the grain on this one, and I'm EXCEEDINGLY glad I did!!!

It had started to rain, and I didn't feel like changing from my jeans to go to one of the more upscale places . I have a friend who works at the Yacht Club Galley, and I found out he was working tonight. That sealed it.

I had a PHENOMENAL MEAL!!! I started with a AMAZING appetizer of Baked Garlic Shrimp--rock shrimp with garlic, white wine, roasted tomatoes, and Asiago cheese served with garlic dipping toast. It was a truly inspired combination, absolutely delectable.

For my entree I had a Herb-Roasted half chicken, which had been deboned and came au jus. It came with a sage bread pudding which is made with buttermilk bisquits. It also had buttery baby carrots and cranberry chutney on the side. It was melt in your mouth tender.

I tried to pass on dessert, but the manager insisted on bringing me a tiny portion of creme brulee to sample, a wonderful way to finish the meal.

I accompanied it with a glass of chardonnay which was good although unremarkable.

I HIGHLY recommend you give this restaurant a try, it's a hidden gem, with quite reasonable prices. I'm so glad I decided on eating there, it totally hit the spot for me.

Anne

Right off the lobby. It had closed a number of years ago, and reopened early last fall.

Anne

If you're going in the back door to the YC would it be on the right??

karebear1 said:
If you're going in the back door to the YC would it be on the right??

The back lobby entrance (as opposed to the entrance by Yachtsman's Steakhouse) yes, it would be on the right.

Anne

Oh I'm so jealous! If only I lived close enough to go over and eat at the restaurants and be around the wonderful grounds of the YC! As Scarlet would say, "I'm pea green with envy!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter