Where should a family go for Christmas dinner at WDW?

Wherever you go, I would advise you to take the earliest sitting you can book. It was my experience that guests have a very relaxed attitude on Christmas day and linger at their tables. This resulted in our waiting almost an hour past our ADR time.

Speaking with other guests at different restuarants, I found it was their experience too. So if I do it again, I'll have dinner at 5:30 instead of 7:00.

YMMV....

BTW, I had dinner with Cinderella, Prince Charming, Perla and Suzy at 1900 Park Faire. :goodvibes :goodvibes :santa:

The Candlelight Processional is a perfect way to celebrate the day IMO. You can book a dinner package at most of the Epcot restaurants and have a seat in the reserved seating for the Processional.

But whatever you decide, I would book as soon as possible. Everything gets booked.

Have you decided what park you want to spend the day at? I would plan my Christmas dinner around that. If you are going to the MK how about one of resort restaurants on the monorail so you get a break from the crowds for awhile. You mention family so depending on the ages of the group maybe Chef Mickey with the characters. My personal choice would be Kona Cafe but that may not suit everyone. The other would be Liberty Tree Tavern.

At MGM the only TS place we have eaten is Mama Melrose so can't comment on any others.

As to EPCOT others have already suggested the CP dinner which would be good and base your choice on the type of food your family enjoys.

We chose to do our "Christmas Dinner" on Christmas Eve at the Melting Pot offsite and then just did CS Christmas Day as we had no set plan for the day. We actually did AK in the morning and the MK in the evening and I don't even remember where we ate that day. It was a wonderful day and we enjoyed every minute of it.

We have been to wdw xmas week for the last 3 years. We have chosen to not do a park on xmas day. Two years ago we had lunch at Earl of Sandwich in DTD then dinner at Artist Point and both were great. Last year we did CP for xmas eve with dinner at Teppanyaki and it really made the holiday. After heading home, we open gifts at night and had a leisurely morning before having late breakfast at 1900PF around 10:30am-very good food and wonderful characters(everyone who was going to a park was already gone)and the GF looks so beautiful. We then shopped at DTD and then headed to very late seating (9:00pm) at Calif Grill. Got there early and were seating with a great view of Wishes. Amazing meal and wonderful holiday. We just can't see going with all the crowds to a park that day..just enjoyed our family. We are planning the same for this year(12/23-12/29)...thinking of Boma for xmas dinner.
Connears

I will have a 7 month old DD so no CP for me. I am leaning to Wilderness lodge.

1) No park crowds.
2) I hear the Christmas decorations are very nice (lie everywhere else).
3) GF is also being considered because GF is beautiful.

What do you recommend at GF besides 1900?

Thanks.

Citrico's in the GF is lovely, but I am not sure what price range or atmosphere you are looking for. Sometimes little ones are just fine in a nice restaurant. It is an elegant, full service restaurant. Not outrageously so, but business casual. I cannot remember the prices per dinner but probably $25 to $30 pp. or 2 TS credits. We really enjoyed it. They also have Narcoosee's which we have never visited but I have heard it is known for its seafood.

HTH

Ellen

I will have a 7 month old DD so no CP for me. I am leaning to Wilderness lodge.

1) No park crowds.
2) I hear the Christmas decorations are very nice (lie everywhere else).
3) GF is also being considered because GF is beautiful.

What do you recommend at GF besides 1900?

Thanks.

I loved 1900! Just wish I had made my ressie for earlier. I had a little one with me too. The food and atmosphere were great.:goodvibes :goodvibes

I also like the Grand Floridian Cafe. The GF is so lovely at Christmas. The giant gingerbread house. The tree!!:santa: :santa:

In this same vein, for all you Xmas season travellers, do you know when the decorations stay up til? We're arriving on Saturday, Jan 5th, 2008. Wondering if the decorations will still be up for that weekend and how long, possibly, afterwards.

I know Osbourne Family LIghts runs through Jan 6th....I'm hoping MAYBE the decorations will be up at the resorts and parks until then too....

In this same vein, for all you Xmas season travellers, do you know when the decorations stay up til? We're arriving on Saturday, Jan 5th, 2008. Wondering if the decorations will still be up for that weekend and how long, possibly, afterwards.

I know Osbourne Family LIghts runs through Jan 6th....I'm hoping MAYBE the decorations will be up at the resorts and parks until then too....

It really varies. A few years ago we were at the GF until the 9th or so and the tree came down the day we were leaving. That same year the decorations in the parks were down very quickly...by the 1st or 2nd. In 1/05, I know the decorations at the GF were still in place on 1/6 but again the parks were back to normal earlier. This year, we checked into the GF on 1/4 and the decorations were already down but the parks still were decorated. I'm pretty sure when we checked into BCV on 1/8, the decorations were gone there.

So my guess is that somewhere on property there might be decorations still up when you check in. They seem to mix it up which I guess does preserve the magic of it a bit. I remember back in the early 80's when all decorations went up overnight in all of WDW. Of course, there were only two parks and far fewer resorts then. But that was so magical!

Stephanie, we have never done this... but, based on the threads... I would say that VWL is the place to go....

We went to Chef Mickey's for b-fast...worst service ever, and waitress wouldn't return with change for $100!!! Okay, it was Christmas but not worth a $30+ tip for horrible service (we had to ask three times for drink refills) !!! We also did the Candlelight processional and ate at the Garden Grill at the Land on Christmas Eve (they forgot about us, and we ended up being the last party seated....dinner at 9:30ish, yuck!! So I totally agree with the other posters about having ADR's for early. I would love to do the Liberty Tree Tavern at the MK...Just the food is more of what I would want on Christmas. Whatever you decide, don't have high hopes for great service. That was our one trip with the worst dining service ever.

We went to Chef Mickey's for b-fast...worst service ever, and waitress wouldn't return with change for $100!!! Okay, it was Christmas but not worth a $30+ tip for horrible service (we had to ask three times for drink refills) !!! We also did the Candlelight processional and ate at the Garden Grill at the Land on Christmas Eve (they forgot about us, and we ended up being the last party seated....dinner at 9:30ish, yuck!! So I totally agree with the other posters about having ADR's for early. I would love to do the Liberty Tree Tavern at the MK...Just the food is more of what I would want on Christmas. Whatever you decide, don't have high hopes for great service. That was our one trip with the worst dining service ever.

I have been to the Liberty Tree. It was ok. what did I miss?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter