Where it get AK meal+ vouchers

barb45

DIS Veteran
I read all 34 pages of the meal vouchers thread and saw AK meal+ vouchers mentioned (something about getting them there). Could someone verify where in fact you buy these and how much do they cost? What is included with these. Thanks for the help. I am Canadian and can't buy the Q&C vouchers (after reading 27 or 34 pages I find this out).

Originally posted by barb45
I read all 34 pages of the meal vouchers thread and saw AK meal+ vouchers mentioned (something about getting them there). Could someone verify where in fact you buy these and how much do they cost? What is included with these. Thanks for the help. I am Canadian and can't buy the Q&C vouchers (after reading 27 or 34 pages I find this out).

You can purchase them at various counter restaurants at AK.

From Deb's site:

The Animal Kingdom "Meal Plus" certificate allows you one counter service entree plus a beverage at any of the following Animal Kingdom counter service restaurants: Restaurantosaurus, Flame Tree Barbecue, Pizzafari, or Tusker House. There is also a coupon for a box of popcorn or an ice cream bar, and another coupon for a bottled drink. The cost is $11.99 plus tax for adults and $5.99 plus tax for kids. Kids' certificates can only be redeemed for kids' menu items, by the way. The certificates can be purchased at any Animal Kingdom counter service restaurant and also at Guest Relations in the park. The certificates were started as an experimental program last summer, and were extended through the fall and early winter. The program could be discontinued at any time, but if you can take advantage of it, it's a very good deal.

They had the meal+ vouchers when we were there in October. They were actually on the menu. You didn't have to pick them up ahead of time or anything.

We had lunch at Pizzafari--I got two kids meals, one for me and one for dd8, and we didn't finish but about 2/3 of that meal. Those pizzas are fairly large. Right before we left, we redeemed our drink and snack coupons. It was great!! :Pinkbounc

Sigh, I wish I was there right now!! ::yes::

I tried to read as much of the "voucher thread" but it is so long my eyes were killing me. I am just curious, if you are Canadian (and I am not) why can you not purchase the QC vouchers. Does it have to do with the exchange rate? I just do not understand it. Please forgive me if it is mentioned in the thread. I never got to it.

You can't get the vouchers outside of the US - I first read a post from someone in the UK and I thought that's OK because I could just have them shipped to someone in the US (we live on the border) so I continued to read. Then I read a post that your shipping address and credit card address have to be the same and they won't even take any non-US credit cards (even American Express). Sucks!

Hi all! Sorry to barge in on your thread, op, but I was wondering about the AK vouchers too. We mostly do counter service so the vouchers aren't usually a great deal for us, but the $5.99 AK kids vouchers sound like a really good deal.

Can the snack and drink coupons be used at the small vendors throughout the parks? Or do you have to use those at one of the restaurants too?

From what I read in the original post about AK vouchers, you can get your snack later anywhere. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

HI bartleby1
The vouchers for the soda or water & the voucher for the popcorn or ice cream can be used anywhere in AK. I'm sure it states on the voucher that it must be used on the day of issue. They are great value and I wish they'd extend the deal to all parks!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Originally posted by barb45
You can't get the vouchers outside of the US - I first read a post from someone in the UK and I thought that's OK because I could just have them shipped to someone in the US (we live on the border) so I continued to read. Then I read a post that your shipping address and credit card address have to be the same and they won't even take any non-US credit cards (even American Express). Sucks!

Well, find someone you trust, transfer funds via paypal, have them order the vouchers and send them to you using their credit card. Very simple, sort of.

Originally posted by bartleby1
Hi all! Sorry to barge in on your thread, op, but I was wondering about the AK vouchers too. We mostly do counter service so the vouchers aren't usually a great deal for us, but the $5.99 AK kids vouchers sound like a really good deal.

Can the snack and drink coupons be used at the small vendors throughout the parks? Or do you have to use those at one of the restaurants too?

The snack and drink coupons can be used at the small vendors.
For more info, go to www.allearsnet.com and do a search for Animal Kingdom meal vouchers.

Thanks barb45, REH, and Gail for answering my question. That is an awesome deal! Especially the kids one! My kids usually get the childs pizza meal for $5.99 anyway so this way they can have a snack and drink later for free! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

You guys are great - you have answers for every possible question or problem. The idea to have someone in the US purchase these for me is the way I think that I will do it. Now I just have to figure out how. My son-in-law is an American living in Canada but working in the US. I know he has US credit cards that may still be billed to his parents house - I will have to look into this. Thanks for all the help.

I didn't see a kids menu for Restaurantosaurus. What can you get there with the kid's AK voucher?

Thanks,

Sheila

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!