Where is the Best Strawberry Shortcake?

greyskies

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone! this is my first post! I have been lurking and studying the Dis boards for about 7 months, and you guys are SO helpful! I am going to WDW for almost 2 whole weeks in December. Just me and my parents, as we are celebrating college graduation, and a birthday.

We are on the QSDP, and I almost have everything figured out thanks to the DIS. We did schedule one OOP meal @ chef Mickey because my mom must have breakfast with Minnie on her birthday! (This is the first time ever eating or staying on property, so we are pulling out all of the stops!)

My dad is not really a Disney fanatic like me and my mom, but he is excited for the Strawberry Shortcake! (as that was the only desert he ate when he and my mom were on their honeymoon, 24 years ago)

I need your input on the BEST place to find Strawberry Shortcake! He dreams of eating it everyday on the trip (possibly 2-3 times a day, so they must accept QSDP)

I know of some places that serve Strawberry Shortcake, but I want to know your opinion of the BEST!

~ Thanks so much! and I promise to take pics for the Food lists!~ Skies

Most places on the QSDP have pre-made desserts so I would guess the strawberry short cake would be about the same most places. I would not count on CM having it for breakfast but they might. The best place we ate it was at the HDDR. It was great but that is an expensive treat just for one dessert!

The only place I have ever been told there is Strawberry shortcake is the Hoop De Doo Review. However, once it was served to us it was nothing but a dry square of white cake with a teaspoon of strawberry topping (not real whole or cut up strawberries) and a dollop of non-dairy creamer. It was awful.

I really don't think WDW is the place to go for good strawberry shortcake. You are better off making your own at home.

Plus is he a fan of real shortcake like you make with Bisquick or the sponge cake rounds like you get at the grocery store?

The only place I have ever been told there is Strawberry shortcake is the Hoop De Doo Review. However, once it was served to us it was nothing but a dry square of white cake with a teaspoon of strawberry topping (not real whole or cut up strawberries) and a dollop of non-dairy creamer. It was awful.

I really don't think WDW is the place to go for good strawberry shortcake. You are better off making your own at home.

Plus is he a fan of real shortcake like you make with Bisquick or the sponge cake rounds like you get at the grocery store?

This has not been my experience at all - the strawberry shortcake we've had on all three of our HDDR visits has been good - not dry cake but pretty decent cake (not great, but not bad) with real strawberries and strawberry topping. I couldn't tell you if the whipped topping was real cream or not - probably not, but it wasn't non-dairy creamer!

Of course, on the QSDP, nothing at HDDR is going to help the OP.

They used to have a good one at Starring Rolls in Studios but we were there a couple weeks ago and they didn't have it. Maybe they were just out of it!?

I agree about Sunshine Seasons!

Epcot. In the Land building, the food court bakery.:thumbsup2

I agree! Actually it's the only place that is a CS credit that I've found that has this desert. BTW -- it can also be a snack credit if you don't want to do a CS here. I had it the beginning of November and it was yummy (3 weeks ago, so it should still be there)

The best "strawberry shortcake" is the strawberry shortcake sundae at Mrs Pott's in MK. You get the cake with ice cream.

If you do not want the ice cream, the Sunshine Season bakery is the next best thing.

Eating strawberry shortcake three times a day sounds awesome to me, but it sounds like it might be difficult to find the shortcake. Maybe you can convince your dad to try some different types of desserts. I like to wander from dessert to dessert all day. The Boardwalk Bakery has lots of options. In EPCOT you have the French bakery, Norway bakery and of course the aforementioned quick service in the Land. You might want to splurge a little more and try some wonderful desserts in other restaurants OOP. My favorite desserts are at the Grand Floridian Cafe. Happy eating. Have fun at Disney.

I totally disagree. We love going to the Hoop Dee Doo Review for their strawberry shortcake.

I totally disagree. We love going to the Hoop Dee Doo Review for their strawberry shortcake.

You can disagree all you like. We must have been the only ones to ever get the SS that we got a HDDR. Again, it was terrible and nothing at all like SS. More like convention cake where they feed thousands of people at one sitting.

Kringla Bakery in Norway has in the past had a bee-yoo-tiful strawberry cake. It's pretty much we tend to (erroneously, I admit) call strawberry shortcake i.e. layers of sponge cake with strawberries and whipped cream. And none of that gnarly fake strawberry jelly goo.

Makes me drool just thinking about it that cake. We haven't been back since 2008, however, so can't say for sure if it's still there.

I remember several years ago they had a place in Toontown where you could make your own strawberry shortcake. The cake was a bisquick like thing. This was near Barnstormer. I thought it was very good, but it hasn't been there for at least 10 years, so this doesn't help.

Here's a picture of the Strawberry Shortcake from Sunshine Seasons in the Land Pavilion

IMG_0500.jpg

thanks for all your replies...Looks like Epcot is the best place for 3X a day SS. lol. I will try to talk him into all the chocolate croissants I can, cause I know he will enjoy that too. he just has his mind set on SS d/t the sentimental factor that he had that 24/7 on their honeymoon. I on the other hand will be staking out every bakery for odd cupcakes, cheesecakes, and anything else filled with sugar! :cloud9:

I never even thought of Mrs Potts in MK, that sounds delish... Gotta do more research! popcorn::

I knew you guys were the best! :worship:

I did have HDD scheduled, but mom wanted CM so, I had to change the ADR as we could only do one on this trip :sad2:... but I am scheduling 2 more trips to WDW in the next 2 years... :woohoo:

You can disagree all you like. We must have been the only ones to ever get the SS that we got a HDDR. Again, it was terrible and nothing at all like SS. More like convention cake where they feed thousands of people at one sitting.

I totally agree about the shortcake at HDDR! I always say it reminds me of something you would be served in a nursing home or hospital. Just disgusting with that fake whipped topping!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter