Where is Pandora?

Status
Not open for further replies.

halssister

Mouseketeer
As in, exactly where in AK is Pandora located?
I'm playing around with my touring plans, and knowing that will help.
I've looked at google maps, but can't quite figure out from overhead shots!

It will be to your left at the fork at Tree of Life, in the area where FOLK and Camp Minnie-Mickey used to be, if you are familiar.

Like, across the river from Tiffins? Did they just continue that path that looks like it ends at Tiffins on the current map?
Thanks - it's been a couple years since our last visit!

Like, across the river from Tiffins? Did they just continue that path that looks like it ends at Tiffins on the current map?
Thanks - it's been a couple years since our last visit!

Where Tiffins is at..that walkway right now past Tiffins is where the gate is closed for Pandora. I actually saw Tiffins for the first time last week because I was looking at the Pandora gate. When you're looking at Animal Kingdom from the front, Pandora is to the far left and you can't miss it

c901beac-be1b-49c4-a772-1a42b07d96e2
be84deed53f5357819f8fe1f9777023c.png

I don't believe so

Word is... yes.

Down by the current restrooms southwest of the Lion King theater would be the path to Pandora.

(But, I don't see how that would work with the backstage roadway there.)

ETA: The backstage roadway issue has been addressed, so there WILL be a walkway.

Last edited:
I wonder if there will be an entrance from front gate? Like you can go to Dinoland without going to across to Discovery Island.

And that roadway is vital for CM access and park operations. If there is to be another access, it won't be from there.

Actually, there is. To ensure guest follow and accessibility, you will be able to access pandora from Africa. There is a boardwalk that goes under the backstage roadway. I'm not sure if it will be open w the grand opening, but it is something they are working on.

I wonder if there will be an entrance from front gate? Like you can go to Dinoland without going to across to Discovery Island.

There won't be an entrance from the front. If you think about it, of course they will want you to go through discovery island and the "big box" stores to get to pandora and dinoland.

Curious as to where the express bus pickup/dropoff is in relation to all of this?

Curious as to where the express bus pickup/dropoff is in relation to all of this?
They've moved the Express Bus pickup and it is near Tusker House as described here by @shoreward:
It is at the corner where you make a turn to follow the walkway over to the theater. Apparently, the original location, next to the Safari, was too congested an area. That set-up was quite nice. It is now a place to sign up for animal tours, as well as being used for a couple other things. IMO, the new location is not any less congested.

They have the Express Transportation placard standing at the new spot; otherwise, there is no way of knowing, other than asking. It's fairly easy to miss, especially with large crowds in the area.

They've moved the Express Bus pickup and it is near Tusker House as described here by @shoreward:

TH is in "Africa" though, yes? DD is bent on riding EE and we of course want to see Pandora -- and as luck would have it both appear to be opposite ends of the park. :sad2: Add to that the Express Bus is in a direction than we would go in, so it seems easier for us just to head out the front gates than towards the back of the park.

TH is in "Africa" though, yes? DD is bent on riding EE and we of course want to see Pandora -- and as luck would have it both appear to be opposite ends of the park. :sad2: Add to that the Express Bus is in a direction than we would go in, so it seems easier for us just to head out the front gates than towards the back of the park.

You would be closer to Pandora and EE by taking the express bus vs coming through the main entrance

New map to Pandora in Post #7 above.

And, Express Transportation bus new location shown below.

DAK-Rope-WS_031017_zpsmhzlgpqc.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter