Where In The World 21. We are now completely legal!!!

Next crop:

i-JZpLsnM-S.jpg
:tink:

It's the ice cream truck. I'm not crazy about eating at AK either.

:goodvibes BEST place to eat in the AK! 😁 We've done Yak & Yeti QS which was good and Flame Tree was by far our favorite. Dessert at Satu'li was REALLY good. Had the soft serve at the ice cream truck on our last trip and it was awesome! Nothing special about any of the other food services though IMO.

i-9dFkncK-M.jpg
P1190976-M.jpg

Final night of this National's competition and they are bringing home some of the BIG "hardware"! party: I know Katie is SUPER excited...that was HER goal...at least one of top performances and Love in the Dark did it for them. Second place in their category (1st place number was REALLY good :rolleyes:). Sara will have better pictures later but this is how we watched tonight! Another afternoon off for David and a 2 hour road trip wasn't going to happen a second time this week (according to "Mr. Grumpy" 🤣)! :rolleyes1

P1880428-S.jpg
P1880431-S.jpg
P1880449-S.jpg
P1880457-S.jpg
P1880465-S.jpg
P1880467-S.jpg

Was SO hoping she'd make it to the top with this solo this year and being at NATIONAL'S made it even sweeter for her! Started the year with costume issues (remember that AWFUL "first try on" picture I sent you a few months ago:eek:) and then the judges had a FIT in the part of the solo when she jumped up and came down on her knees....the move was beautiful but they were freaking out with her "flirting with a major injury"! They changed that part and then that section didn't have the impact they wanted....and on and on. They've been working the last 5 weeks on it and finally found the sweet spot. She was super surprised since there were a couple in her sub-group that she thought were really, really good but content wasn't as high as Katie's. The bad part....now she goes before the Judge's at the 2nd National's they're participating in beginning July 5th. Any score lower will be a huge disappointment! 🤣

P1880395-M.jpg

This was 6:30 this afternoon; heat index was 106; 2 hours later it's still 97 with heat index of 103. :faint: It's been a miserable day here! Praying the predicted weather pattern change happens tomorrow like it's predicted and we finally get the promised rain and "low 90's" temperatures! Won't even mind driving the 2 hours to watch tomorrows dancing if it's raining! 😁:tink:

Final night of this National's competition and they are bringing home some of the BIG "hardware"! party: I know Katie is SUPER excited...that was HER goal...at least one of top performances and Love in the Dark did it for them. Second place in their category (1st place number was REALLY good :rolleyes:). Sara will have better pictures later but this is how we watched tonight! Another afternoon off for David and a 2 hour road trip wasn't going to happen a second time this week (according to "Mr. Grumpy" 🤣)! :rolleyes1

P1880428-S.jpg
P1880431-S.jpg
P1880449-S.jpg
P1880457-S.jpg
P1880465-S.jpg
P1880467-S.jpg

Oh BIG trophy congratulations :cheer2:

Oh BIG trophy congratulations :cheer2:

On the first day of the convention Katie told Sara...THAT trophy was their goal! :goodvibes I'm just hoping next weeks competition isn't a let down! :scared: Each National's is SO different and the Judges are WAY different...even the judging system is different. This one "Platinum" was THE top score; the one next week places "Platinum" as a very average middle score with High Platinum and Titanium the top two. It's strange! Goal accomplished for this one, a little rest and back at it at Margaritaville Resort in Conroe starting July 5th! THEN, the next week she goes to Galveston with the Dora Officers for an Officer Workshop...the Director (also a teacher at Center Stage....her group took home a 3rd place trophy last night for Junior Tap) rented a beach house for 3 days of "bonding" and learning...LUCKY KIDS! :beach::tink:

On the first day of the convention Katie told Sara...THAT trophy was their goal! :goodvibes I'm just hoping next weeks competition isn't a let down! :scared: Each National's is SO different and the Judges are WAY different...even the judging system is different. This one "Platinum" was THE top score; the one next week places "Platinum" as a very average middle score with High Platinum and Titanium the top two. It's strange! Goal accomplished for this one, a little rest and back at it at Margaritaville Resort in Conroe starting July 5th! THEN, the next week she goes to Galveston with the Dora Officers for an Officer Workshop...the Director (also a teacher at Center Stage....her group took home a 3rd place trophy last night for Junior Tap) rented a beach house for 3 days of "bonding" and learning...LUCKY KIDS! :beach::tink:

A beach house sounds wonderful :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter