Where In The World 21. We are now completely legal!!!

Picture is from a Roman amphitheatre in Chester England. We're having dinner this evening in the Titanic Hotel in Liverpool. We stayed here our first night in Liverpool before we left for Ireland and wished we'd booked our entire stay here. The rooms were "grand"! IMG_5490.jpg

Whirlwind couple of days! Service is really sketchy...I've been trying! No Ma'am not an animal. Going to try to send a couple pictures. Went to Chester England today...the wall around the city was built by the Roman. Had a panic moment this morning on the train! We had to go underground to board and then Allie tells us we'd be traveling UNDER the River Mersey!!!

Candle? Bell?

I would’ve had a panic attack. I don’t like tunnels especially when it’s under water and being on a train. No thank you. I have been on the T in Boston that’s a train/subway that goes underground at times. I do not like that. We take it when we go to Bruins games. It lets you off right across the street.

Candle? Bell?

I would’ve had a panic attack. I don’t like tunnels especially when it’s under water and being on a train. No thank you. I have been on the T in Boston that’s a train/subway that goes underground at times. I do not like that. We take it when we go to Bruins games. It lets you off right across the street.

Carolyn and I were freaking out when the escalators kept going down and down! Allie didn't tell us we were going UNDER the River Mersey until we were in motion and we were doing everything we could to distract ourselves! The T is perfect for you for games but I'm sure it's like the train stations here...CRAZY BUSY!

Keep thinking, not a candle or bell. This is an ornament you don't usually see on a tree but it fits the Main Street theme.

Carolyn and I were freaking out when the escalators kept going down and down! Allie didn't tell us we were going UNDER the River Mersey until we were in motion and we were doing everything we could to distract ourselves! The T is perfect for you for games but I'm sure it's like the train stations here...CRAZY BUSY!

Keep thinking, not a candle or bell. This is an ornament you don't usually see on a tree but it fits the Main Street theme.

Train or car? Gingerbread man?

Said our goodbyes to DD and BFF before their 10+ hour flight yesterday morning and to Allie last night.😭 She gave us the perfect memory though...SCORED a goal like 5 minutes into the game! Her coach came over with her after the game for a really nice visit and thanked us for coming. Dinner at her favorite pub last night and long visit before saying farewell for a little over a month. We're taking a cab to Manchester this morning for a little exploring and flight leaves at 10 am Friday. Hard to leave but SO ready to see my Boo!
20230215_130527.jpg

Said our goodbyes to DD and BFF before their 10+ hour flight yesterday morning and to Allie last night.😭 She gave us the perfect memory though...SCORED a goal like 5 minutes into the game! Her coach came over with her after the game for a really nice visit and thanked us for coming. Dinner at her favorite pub last night and long visit before saying farewell for a little over a month. We're taking a cab to Manchester this morning for a little exploring and flight leaves at 10 am Friday. Hard to leave but SO ready to see my Boo!
View attachment 740057

Your trip went by so fast. Glad you got to see Allie play and score a goal. Enjoy your last day.

if that a direct flight?

that is a long time to sit on the plane

Yes Jeff, it was direct and it WAS to long time to sit on a flight! 😅 I had to take my "happy pills" TWICE during the flight today. 🥴 Singapore Airlines are marvelous; so friendly, constant service and we were served 2 meals that were "restaurant quality" but it was tough sitting there that long. Allie tracked us on Flightaware and at one point the pilot was going NORTH...our "route" is southwest"! There was a strong weather system moving into the UK this weekend (David was a little worried our flight might be delayed). 50-60 mph winds with rain and cold. I'm sure his "north turn" was to avoid the edges of the storm but it did add 30-45 minutes to our travel time. SO thankful to be back in Texas until we walked out of the airport :rolleyes1; allergies were AWFUL! By the time we got home, I was SO dizzy I couldn't walk a straight line! :rotfl: Amanda said she had the same trouble when they got home Wednesday. I'm taking a prescription allergy pill and crawling into bed. Between 4 & 5,000 pictures and I'll share some with you; what an adventure! :tink:

Your trip went by so fast. Glad you got to see Allie play and score a goal. Enjoy your last day.

We were THRILLED to see her score...and almost missed it! We were barely settled in when the team took the ball down to score. Allie was in the back of the group of girls but I saw her head pop up and the ponytail was flying and then she ran out of the group with that huge smile on her face! David actually got it on video too! Last day was pretty quiet; Allie had her volunteer responsibilities so we'd said our goodbyes Wednesday evening. We checked out of our hotel and went back to 2 of our favorite museums to finish some exhibitions we missed earlier. Ate lunch and got a cab driver to take us Manchester since we needed to be at the airport at 7:30 this morning. He was AWESOME...our own personal tour guide. I'll tell you about him when I get my pictures ready. Jet lag is kicking my butt along with the allergies so goodnight for now...here's the crop for y'all to work on...

i-SCRwKNX-Th.jpg
:tink:

We were THRILLED to see her score...and almost missed it! We were barely settled in when the team took the ball down to score. Allie was in the back of the group of girls but I saw her head pop up and the ponytail was flying and then she ran out of the group with that huge smile on her face! David actually got it on video too! Last day was pretty quiet; Allie had her volunteer responsibilities so we'd said our goodbyes Wednesday evening. We checked out of our hotel and went back to 2 of our favorite museums to finish some exhibitions we missed earlier. Ate lunch and got a cab driver to take us Manchester since we needed to be at the airport at 7:30 this morning. He was AWESOME...our own personal tour guide. I'll tell you about him when I get my pictures ready. Jet lag is kicking my butt along with the allergies so goodnight for now...here's the crop for y'all to work on...

i-SCRwKNX-Th.jpg
:tink:

Is it on a window? On a bus?

Is it on a window? On a bus?

Slept until NOON! Allergies are better today but it's going to take a couple more days to get over jet lag. One load of laundry today and catching up on normal household chores. Allie called a couple hours ago; made her SO jealous when I told her I was starting soup for dinner. :goodvibes She said she could "almost smell it"! She's really ready for some good home cooking!

i-SCRwKNX-Th.jpg

No Ma'am, not on a window or on a bus. :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter