Where In The World 21. We are now completely legal!!!

Inside or outside?

i-VZZwtB7-Th.jpg

This is in an area outside a shop in the AK. :tink:

Discovery Island?

Boy do we have a weather mess here in Texas! Snow, freezing rain, sleet, ice and cold rain. We've been in the low 30's since Sunday evening with real feel in the teens. Was SUPPOSE to be mid to upper 40's this week! :faint: Thought I'd spend the week packing and exploring things to do in the UK and Ireland but haven't even opened the luggage yet to START packing. We'll be gone all day Saturday for the Brahmadora dance competition so down to 3 days to "get it together"! At least we'll be climatized for the UK! Howard Payne University is closed today due to almost an inch of ice and snow on roads and tomorrow is suppose to be worse than today. Forecast for us is calling for "icy conditions" tonight. :cold: Sara and Katie are happy though...schools taking an "ice day" tomorrow so they can stay inside! :goodvibes

i-VZZwtB7-Th.jpg

Yes Ma'am, this is on Discovery Island. :tink:

Last edited:
Boy do we have a weather mess here in Texas! Snow, freezing rain, sleet, ice and cold rain. We've been in the low 30's since Sunday evening with real feel in the teens. Was SUPPOSE to be mid to upper 40's this week! :faint: Thought I'd spend the week packing and exploring things to do in the UK and Ireland but haven't even opened the luggage yet to START packing. We'll be gone all day Saturday for the Brahmadora dance competition so down to 3 days to "get it together"! At least we'll be climatized for the UK! Howard Payne University is closed today due to almost an inch of ice and snow on roads and tomorrow is suppose to be worse than today. Forecast for us is calling for "icy conditions" tonight. :cold: Sara and Katie are happy though...schools taking an "ice day" tomorrow so they can stay inside! :goodvibes

i-VZZwtB7-Th.jpg

Yes Ma'am, this is on Discovery Island. :tink:

Oh you’re getting miserable weather. Ice is no fun especially on roads. You need to start packing!!

Is this a sign or planter? It’s not a light fixture right?

Oh you’re getting miserable weather. Ice is no fun especially on roads. You need to start packing!!

Is this a sign or planter? It’s not a light fixture right?

I love this type of weather just not NOW 😅 ! Can do without the ice for sure but enjoy the rainy cold days by the fireplace. Does create extra work for the plants and animals not used to this! Our lowest temperature last night was 33 so the city of Bellville lucked out but just 20 miles to our north bridges are closed and slick roads. School closing today was smart; northwestern part of the county has some issues and buses wouldn't have been able to get to students living there. From Austin north and west it's BAD. HPU shut down for another day due to ice and snow and pretty much the entire city of Ft. Worth is shut down. But...get this...by Sunday we should be back in the 70's! :faint:

i-VZZwtB7-Th.jpg

This is not a sign, planter or light fixture. It IS a lighted something....:scratchin. :tink:

I love this type of weather just not NOW 😅 ! Can do without the ice for sure but enjoy the rainy cold days by the fireplace. Does create extra work for the plants and animals not used to this! Our lowest temperature last night was 33 so the city of Bellville lucked out but just 20 miles to our north bridges are closed and slick roads. School closing today was smart; northwestern part of the county has some issues and buses wouldn't have been able to get to students living there. From Austin north and west it's BAD. HPU shut down for another day due to ice and snow and pretty much the entire city of Ft. Worth is shut down. But...get this...by Sunday we should be back in the 70's! :faint:

i-VZZwtB7-Th.jpg

This is not a sign, planter or light fixture. It IS a lighted something....:scratchin. :tink:

Is it a walkway path light?

main-qimg-65c66f08f5f13082483f3c8ec0305e0a-lq

its been snowing the last two days here lol
just a regular winter day here lol

i just booked our hotel/ resort trasportasion another $150 expense we have to deal with now :(

YEP...when there's ice covered roads the school district can't risk the liability of putting students on a school bus that may or may not stay on the road. ::yes:: Have you seen the pictures of all the cars that have slid off the roads :crazy:? It's crazy...especially in the Hill Country. Remember...we don't own snow tires or chains. :rotfl2: I don't think they're even SOLD anywhere in the majority of Texas....maybe in the Panhandle area but certainly not in Central Texas...all we normally need here is SUNSCREEN! :rotfl2: Good excuse for the teachers to get a day off! :rolleyes1

What transportation did you use? We used Cast and Crew and absolutely LOVED them. They were a little more expensive than the Mears buses but SO worth it. Drivers were so friendly and were waiting for US when we arrived. :tink:

YEP...when there's ice covered roads the school district can't risk the liability of putting students on a school bus that may or may not stay on the road. ::yes:: Have you seen the pictures of all the cars that have slid off the roads :crazy:? It's crazy...especially in the Hill Country. Remember...we don't own snow tires or chains. :rotfl2: I don't think they're even SOLD anywhere in the majority of Texas....maybe in the Panhandle area but certainly not in Central Texas...all we normally need here is SUNSCREEN! :rotfl2: Good excuse for the teachers to get a day off! :rolleyes1

What transportation did you use? We used Cast and Crew and absolutely LOVED them. They were a little more expensive than the Mears buses but SO worth it. Drivers were so friendly and were waiting for US when we arrived. :tink:

we are going to use Mears

we are going to use Mears

Read both good/bad on Mears. My biggest concern was the pickup; read quite a few reports they were late for pickups and/or didn't wait very long...if you weren't there and waiting they'd leave without you. Let me know how things work out. Would save us money if we used Mears. Did notice there were at least 3 buses coming/going when we arrived/left the POP on our trip....actually most of them were the "train decorated" buses. I think those are Sunshine Flyers though. :tink:

Read both good/bad on Mears. My biggest concern was the pickup; read quite a few reports they were late for pickups and/or didn't wait very long...if you weren't there and waiting they'd leave without you. Let me know how things work out. Would save us money if we used Mears. Did notice there were at least 3 buses coming/going when we arrived/left the POP on our trip....actually most of them were the "train decorated" buses. I think those are Sunshine Flyers though. :tink:

yes same here i have read good and bad about both but we will see how it all goes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter