Where does your toddler sleep?

pezheadval

Mouseketeer
We have taken my dd to WDW twice (6 months and 1 year) and are planning our trip for October/November 2003. The past trips she slept in her pack & play portable crib, but I am trying to figure out the best place for her to sleep for the next trip.

She has been sleeping in a toddler bed at home, but isn’t ready for a regular bed, as I am afraid that she will fall. She will be 3 when we take our next trip. We were thinking about getting her a toddler sized air mattress, portable toddler bed or a sleeping bag.

I was wondering what sleeping arrangements have worked best for you and your toddlers.

We put our DD (turning 3 next week!) in the regular bed and tuck the sheets in real tight. This seems to keep her from falling out.

Peggy

One of us sleeps w/ our 3YO and tuck sheets in other side. Works well for us.

Where are you staying? What types of beds are available?

At the WDW resorts we've always gotten bedrails to keep the kids in bed.

You can rent a toddler bed from a baby's best friend for around $65 a week. They will diliver and pick it up from your hotel for free. We are renting from them in Aug and they seem to be realy nice people. I have also read good things about them on the boards.. Here is a link for them (I hope I get it right)
www.abbf.com

All the WDW resorts will give you bedrails at no cost. That is what we did when dd's were that age.

TJ

I didn't know about the bed rails! Good to know!

We are staying at All Stars Movies this time and requested a King.
We could always put her in the middle of us, but we all don't sleep as well that way. We'll be staying for 2 or 3 weeks, so we want to be comfortable.

We are leaning toward getting the todder size AeroBed. Its portable, looks comfortable and it is surrounded by a cushion so she won't roll out.

Now, if we can get her to go to sleep, we'll be good to go! (That is always a struggle!) Thanks for your advice!

Was there last month with my 21mon. DD and she slept with me and the 4 yr. old DD slept with DH. LOL! The baby slept in the pack n play when we took her at 14 mon., but she is just to big for it now. If we put the girls to bed together none of us would get any sleep. Have a great trip!:D

DS was 2 when we went last (stayed at the contemporary) and we also used the bed rails on the 2nd queen bed. Not too much worry about rolling out, cause the bed is so big.

When we took him prior to that at 4 mos, we stayed at All Star Movies and got a pack n play from the hotel. It was fine, but he wouldn't sleep in it there and ended up in bed with us (I didn't get much sleep-good thing we were only there 2 nites-we were also visiting friends in Jacksonville and he slept in the Pack n Play fine there!)

As far as getting them to sleep, they are sooo exhausted at the end of the day, that it may not be as big a deal as you think!

Have a great trip!!!

Our kids were 2 and 4 on our last trip to DW. I received this tip from the boards before we left and do this all the time now.

Did you realize the beds do move. The first thing we do when we get to our room is slide the bed closest to the bathroom against the wall. Sometimes the bed is hard to move but it will move. This is the bed that I sleep in with my youngest DS. I sleep on the outside and he sleep on the inside against the wall. Sometimes housekeeping does move the bed back but usually after a couple of days they realize what we are doing and just leave the bed alone.

As for our older daughter, we order a bunch of extra linens and pillows from housekeeping as soon as we arrive at our room. We make her bed on the floor against the wall between the entertainment center and the bathroom. I am always sure to make a close inspection for cleanliness before I do this. We first fold up both comforters to the size of a small bed. We then add the extra sheets and blankets and her pillow. Her little bed is usually about 5 inches high or so after her bed is ready. She loves her little bed that is just hers and sleeps just fine.

Those are such great ideas. I don't have a little one right now. My DD is 10. But I will be having another one in the next year or so, and these ideas will come in handy!:D

Does anyone have a picture of the aerobed for toddlers or a link to a store that carries it? Thank you!

My 2 year old is fine in a pack n play, but not for long! And he is a rather restless sleeper, so neither of us wants to share a bed with him!

We get a room with a King bed and all three of us sleep together, DD is 2. I love the rooms with Kings b/c they just feel bigger.

But if sleeping together is not an option for you, I would do the bed rails.

Gi

Thanks for all of your advice...its great to have different options!

We decided to get the Sleep Away Bed by Aero.

Gillian...here is the link to the Aerobed company...
http://www.thinkaero.com/
They have a good picture and info about the "Sleep Away Bed".
We searched on the internet and they had the best price.

We do a lot of traveling and I think that it will be nice for her to have her own special bed. I'm looking forward to giving it a try!

I just came back from Target and the twin size air beds are on sale for $13. (at least in Indiana, but should be same elsewhere)The twin Areobed is $89.99 :D

Although there are many deals on aero-like beds, I have not seen another one just like the sleep-away bed that aero offers. I did see one in One Step Ahead (kids catalog) the other day for $50 but I did not think it looked quite as nice as the Aero one.

We are planning on purchasing one of the Sleep Away Aero beds later this year in anticipation for future trips and visits to Grandma's house. I really like the raised edges to prevent roll-off and the quick inflation/deflation and the carrying bag.

I found it for the same price as the site listed above but with free shipping at http://www.affordable-beds.com/childs_sleepaway_bed.htm Total price is $79.99 and I anticipate that we will get our money's worth using it for our dd and later for our ds.

We have a Travel Toddler Trundle Bed from One Step Ahead - I definitely recommend!!!

It is a crib-sized mattress with small foam sides around the edge. It rolls up into a bag like a sleeping bag might.

We moved our daughter into it when she was 2 yrs. old and she does wonderfully! (needed the crib for #2). We travel every other weekend during fall and she loves her "bed". No issues with rolling out in strange places... the only thing I learned to watch for is hardwood floors. Because it is nylon shell, it will slide if you have a "thrasher".

We've been so thrilled with it, that we intend to keep for younger dd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter