Where do you add your gift card on the Disney App?

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
Hi, leaving in a week! Since the dining plan was cancelled I bought a Disney gift card to use for food-we haven't used mobile ordering either, so new to us-I see on the app where to do the mobile ordering, is there a place I can put our gift card in, that stores it, or do I have to enter the gift card number every time we use the mobile app?
Thank you!

ok thanks, I was hoping you could add it like a credit card number, but those suggestions you have are a good idea!

You can charge it all to your room, then stop by to pay your bill with a gift card at the end (I recommend the night before you check out so they don't charge your credit card first, but even the one time I did it at checkout, they took the charge off my credit card and applied it to the gift card instead.

Just FYI: More often than not the option to pay by gift card did not come up on my app when I was ordering last week. It always came up on my daughters phone though. So may be something glitchy with the app...

If you charge much to your room, go pay after a couple days and then pay again in a couple of days! Disney will only let you charge so much to your room before they run it thru your card on file! It changes often so I’m not sure of the amount anymore, last time I was there it was $500 but I have heard that it has lowered since then! Also if they do run it thru your card, sometimes they will reverse the charges and let you pay them with a gift card and sometimes they won’t! I have had both, and the one time they did reverse my charges so I could pay with the GC it took forever! Just ask when you check in, or since it’s mostly direct to room now, call the front desk and ask what the limit is so you will know! Just trying to save you some headache! But like I said, things change so much and so often, who knows!

Ok thanks everyone! I think we'll pay as we go along. We usually don't charge to the room, I have a debit card that is our "vacation" card-we put $ in it all year, and then use that on vacation. Different times at Disney this year for sure! Stay safe everyone and thank you!

I couldnt get the MDE to work with my disney gift card. I tried entering the 16 digits and the ap would blank out the last 4 . it would indicate please enter a valid 16 digit number. I could not get the ap to get the purchase screen. Front desk at resort and on line chat was no help. If mobile ordering is required next year , i might not go back to Disney

I couldnt get the MDE to work with my disney gift card. I tried entering the 16 digits and the ap would blank out the last 4 . it would indicate please enter a valid 16 digit number. I could not get the ap to get the purchase screen. Front desk at resort and on line chat was no help. If mobile ordering is required next year , i might not go back to Disney
You cab still pay at the counter they just encourage using mobile ordering, it seems your phone might be the issue with all the problems you're having with the app

You cab still pay at the counter they just encourage using mobile ordering, it seems your phone might be the issue with all the problems you're having with the app
Pecos bill would not let me in, I had to change payment to credit card so i could get a order but even then it would not always work, At HS the ap would state mobile ordering not available and then right after it was .but i could not get to the purchase section even with credit card. If the virus wis still here next year i might not go

Pecos bill would not let me in, I had to change payment to credit card so i could get a order but even then it would not always work, At HS the ap would state mobile ordering not available and then right after it was .but i could not get to the purchase section even with credit card. If the virus wis still here next year i might not go
they are pushing MO but I can tell you that if you insist they will let you order at the counter, I know it's a pain to have to be firm but all quick services offer counter payment still

they are pushing MO but I can tell you that if you insist they will let you order at the counter, I know it's a pain to have to be firm but all quick services offer counter payment still
That is good to know. I know at SSR they let order at the counter. It is great feature . I used it a lot at the resort with my credit card and it is fast service. Just hated using credit card al the time.

That is good to know. I know at SSR they let order at the counter. It is great feature . I used it a lot at the resort with my credit card and it is fast service. Just hated using credit card al the time.
you can also pay with cash, and gift cards, and debit cards

you can also pay with cash, and gift cards, and debit cards
I used debit card on the ap. It worked well at the resort . Somehow even with debit card i could not get a mobile order done at HS . i went back to the resort after trying for an hour to get an order done at HS. I also paid with the gift card at the counter at the resort and at Epcot booths,

Did you take out the spaces in the card #? I had that problem trying to use one online this morning.

Not seamless.. but, I added Disney gift cards to Apple wallet on iPhone. Most places scanned it, some wrote down the number, and some asked me to write drown the number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter