where do I start?

jdaysaint

Earning My Ears
Hi

A friend told me this would be a good place to get answers to questions about Disneyworld... but I'm really confused about the abbreviations used in the posts. I started with this area because the title said something about being a good place to start, but it seems to be a "test" area of some kind.

I'm just really confused and would like some direction if someone has the time to help!

I haven't been to Disneyworld for twenty years or so. I'd like to take my daughter next year after I graduate from nursing school -- so that would be in the summer.

Thanks in advance for any information, advice, etc!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=439040
Start here.

Welcome! You will be overwhelmed for awhile, but one day everything will just "click!"

Start with when to go
Where to stay
How you are going to get there
What kind of tickets you will need or package
Then once you have all that figured out, you can start planning an itinerary and figuring out which meals you want. Character meals are a must do, at least one.

Don't worry, you'll figure it all out and we will help you!

You can never start too early with the planning for a smooth trip in the summer. Just remember that the further away from July 4th, the better. That is the worst time as far as crowds. Unless you have time to check out the DIS, you should get a paperback guide book, we prefer Birnbaums, and the 2006 editions are in book stores.

You first need to make reservations and go from there. That, and plane fare if needed, are the 2 things that can change the most depending on when you go. The tickets and/or package deals are things that either won't change much, or will be something you can buy later. If you book a room, and the rates lower, you can perhaps re-book at a lower rate. One thing you need to do is stay on top of everything, and check out the Disneyworld official site, too, because they sometimes offer deals like the free dining that was available this year.

Welcome to the DIS....if you ever have a question about abbreviations or anything...just ask!

Hi
Thanks for answering my post!

I was replying to someone else recently, and I commented that this all just seems so complex! Almost like a fulltime job! Anyway, she suggested a book, too. So I'm going to go get one and jump right in! I'm sure I'll be back with one million or so questions...

jdaysaint

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter