Where did you register?

*Pixiedust1438*

DIS Veteran
We already registered with the Disney honeymoon registry, but I would like to include one more, more traditional, registry for those guests who would prefer to buy a more traditional gift (although I am going to urge those I am most close with to use this, as this is what me and DF would really prefer.) We currently live together, and although we could use a few household items, we are not in need of a ton. What we could use is some new electronics, such as a camera, GPS, video recorder, etc. to use on the honeymoon. Anyone have an idea where we could register for electronic type items as well as some household things? Thanks for any help!

Wonderful question!! We are in the same position. We don't really need alot of household items, but I did get a few strange looks when I told them we did the honeymoon registry. Guess some people are stuck in their ways :) we were thinking about registering at Macy's or bed bath and beyond this wknd, but when we looked we were just like, we don't really need any of this.

Is most of your family internet savvy? You can register on Amazon.com and include the electronics as well as a few household items that you do need.

there are lots of sites that can combine registries into one site type deals? i just came across GiftRegistry360.com via the knot and it has a button you can add to your browser bar and you can tag things from random online sites and it ads it to one wedding registry sites guests can visit and see everything in one place. i put the $1000 dryer i want on it. ha!

we did the disneymoon registry ages ago, but i have had more trouble with that website!! at this moment, you can't even find either of us on the website by name or date. apparently we are not actually getting married. :scared1:

there are lots of sites that can combine registries into one site type deals? i just came across GiftRegistry360.com via the knot and it has a button you can add to your browser bar and you can tag things from random online sites and it ads it to one wedding registry sites guests can visit and see everything in one place. i put the $1000 dryer i want on it. ha!

we did the disneymoon registry ages ago, but i have had more trouble with that website!! at this moment, you can't even find either of us on the website by name or date. apparently we are not actually getting married. :scared1:

I'm so glad you posted this! I have been trying to access our registry all weekend. You can't search for us, and when I try to login there is nothing listed in our registry. GLAD we aren't the only ones! I was starting to think I was doing something wrong...

I'm so glad you posted this! I have been trying to access our registry all weekend. You can't search for us, and when I try to login there is nothing listed in our registry. GLAD we aren't the only ones! I was starting to think I was doing something wrong...

i contacted our planner friday and also emailed WDW corporate out of frustration yesterday and already recieved (at least) an acknowledgement and that they would look into it. sadly, alot of the disney sites in general are very buggy. i set up that registry 360 thing that night (i was trying to link the disney registry to it as well) and just put a link for disney gift cards on it just in case somebody did want to get us something!

i will let you all know if i hear anything!!

i contacted our planner friday and also emailed WDW corporate out of frustration yesterday and already recieved (at least) an acknowledgement and that they would look into it. sadly, alot of the disney sites in general are very buggy. i set up that registry 360 thing that night (i was trying to link the disney registry to it as well) and just put a link for disney gift cards on it just in case somebody did want to get us something!

Looks like I'll be emailing my planner as well. It also says for us that we are not on there, and I can't even log in!!!

Thanks!!

Yesterday when I was getting my engagement pictures done, I was talking with my photographer who is getting married in April. She said she registered at "Deposit a gift" for stuff from Best Buy. I haven't checked it out yet, but you might be interested in checking it out.

I'd also be curious about a good place to register for electronics. Unlike some of the other brides, we DO need all of the normal household stuff, since both of us are basically just out of college. We registered at Bed Bath and Beyond, which basically covers everything we would need - except for a television! I feel like it would be silly to create a whole new registry just for a TV and a few other small electronic items...

There's this awesome new gift registry sponsored by The Knot: www.giftregistry360.com it allows you to register at multiple stores (I believe they are target, macys, crate and barrel, and a couple others) all on one site and then it compiles them into one list for your guests. If you already have a registry at one of those stores it also lets you "link and sync" your existing registries to your new one. :thumbsup2

We did three:

1) Disney wedding registry: to help with our cruise/wedding
2) Amazon.com: for those internet savvy folks and a wide selection
3) Target: for those non-internet savvy folks and a wide selection

I agree, a pile of china isn't something we really needed, so it was fun to register for stuff like artwork, garden tools and games!

You can register at Target, they have household items and electronics. My husband wanted a XBOX360, lol, he asked if we could register at Target just for that ;)

We ended up registering at Bed, Bath & Beyond because we needed household items, we'd never lived anywhere but with our parents so we needed everyday items.

We did three:

1) Disney honeymoon registry
2) Williams-Sonoma
3) Amazon.com

The Disney registry worked out much better than I had expected. The site has lots of issues, but people ended up giving us honeymoon stuff at our shower and for the wedding, to the tune of over $800! I wasn't sure if that registry would get used as much, but I think people enjoyed making little cards and graphics as part of their gift to tell us what they purchased from it.

Williams-Sonoma was picked because we'd already lived together for awhile and had a bunch of house stuff. I really wanted to upgrade my cookware, and W-S had what I wanted. Plus, they say it's good to have at least one 'brick and mortar' store for those who don't like to online shop.

Amazon.com was our catch-all. They offer a universal registry, which means that you can pick any item from any website and add it to your Amazon registry. This was such a good idea. I just added the link to my bookmarks bar, and anytime I came across a product on a website, I clicked the bookmark and it brought up a box and auto-entered the name of the item and the price. You could add notes to it if you wanted. This was the best way to add items from here and there that would never have been located in just one store. I highly recommend using this for anyone.

My advice is to stick with 3 registries and make sure one is an actual store. If you need a lot of basics for the home, Target and Bed Bath and Beyond are also good options, as are Crate + Barrel, Kohls, and Macy's. Again, we didn't choose those because we already had a place together (though we did receive a few gift cards to them). W-S was my specialty store, though others may choose stores like EMS if they are the outdoorsy type, or WineEnthusiast.com if you're a wine-y. The cool think about registries nowadays is how unique you can be -if you don't think you'll need 12 place settings of fine china, then you don't have to register for them! Have fun with it.

I found the 360 registry to be not so user-friendly.
Any store on WeddingChannel is easy, and you can add additional websites.
Amazon Universal Registry is a *dream*.

We did three:

1) Disney honeymoon registry
2) Williams-Sonoma
3) Amazon.com

The Disney registry worked out much better than I had expected. The site has lots of issues, but people ended up giving us honeymoon stuff at our shower and for the wedding, to the tune of over $800! I wasn't sure if that registry would get used as much, but I think people enjoyed making little cards and graphics as part of their gift to tell us what they purchased from it.

Williams-Sonoma was picked because we'd already lived together for awhile and had a bunch of house stuff. I really wanted to upgrade my cookware, and W-S had what I wanted. Plus, they say it's good to have at least one 'brick and mortar' store for those who don't like to online shop.

Amazon.com was our catch-all. They offer a universal registry, which means that you can pick any item from any website and add it to your Amazon registry. This was such a good idea. I just added the link to my bookmarks bar, and anytime I came across a product on a website, I clicked the bookmark and it brought up a box and auto-entered the name of the item and the price. You could add notes to it if you wanted. This was the best way to add items from here and there that would never have been located in just one store. I highly recommend using this for anyone.

My advice is to stick with 3 registries and make sure one is an actual store. If you need a lot of basics for the home, Target and Bed Bath and Beyond are also good options, as are Crate + Barrel, Kohls, and Macy's. Again, we didn't choose those because we already had a place together (though we did receive a few gift cards to them). W-S was my specialty store, though others may choose stores like EMS if they are the outdoorsy type, or WineEnthusiast.com if you're a wine-y. The cool think about registries nowadays is how unique you can be -if you don't think you'll need 12 place settings of fine china, then you don't have to register for them! Have fun with it.

We are definitely doing the Disney Honeymoon registry and Williams Sonoma (for Star Wars stuff!!). I think we will also do Bed Bath & Beyond because they have the dishes I want at the best price (better than Macy's everyday price). Even though I HATE shopping at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and will feel bad subjecting my guests to that store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter