Where did you put the...... garneska can't find anything for the next 3 months

after contractors left Tuesday, we are hoping for the last time, we started plotting the painting so we could finish the walls.

On Tuesday the plan was to prep on Thursday, paint two coats of primer on Friday, two coats of color on Saturday, and Sunday start putting the living room back together.

on Wednesday the plan changed to prep Wednesday, two coats of primer on Thursday, two coats of color Friday, dry time Saturday, put everything back on Sunday.

it’s Friday evening and here is where we are. One coat of primer up Thursday. It took 3 hours but we added a closet to the mix so a lot of painting and that closet acted like it had never seen paint. Then went to moms for dinner. Friday we started with the second coat of primer. Bert also used the last roller cover 🤦🏻‍♀️. I had a 5 mile run to do still and with Black Friday, I ran to Home Depot. I got my roller cover 3 pack and ran home. it worked so killed two birds with one stone. Once back it was silver point (color) on the walls and white in the closet we threw in. ordered pizza for dinner. Tonight the plan is second coat of color in closet (will finish it quicker). Then tomorrow paint second of color on walls. I have an easy week so 8 miles after that. Sunday put stuff back.

next weekend we will finish the walls with the blue, no primer needed already done. After that we only have one tiny closet to paint and then all ceilings and walls will be repainted by us. In 2022 we have door trim and doors to do.

I am excited to get this done, however this week with the condo getting back to normal I am missing Mallory a whole lot. I don’t want another dog, I want my Mallory back 😭

image.jpg

Last night we found the mixing bowls and sheet pans. This morning we found the glass corning ware. i think we found all the kitchen stuff now. Some of it i am not sure where it is going to go.

New problem is the TV. It works fine but after it is on for an hour or so the picture gets streaky. It happens on both TV and Roku so it is not the antenna but the TV. We are hoping it is only dust that might have gotten in it. Buying some canned air to see if we can blow it out. Otherwise i am going to be shopping for a tv :(

I am missing Mallory terribly. Her space is empty and no carpet or anything to absorb sound. Need a new living room rug to help make it not echo. Though i would prefer to have my Mallory back.

We got sneaky and put the first coat of blue up tonight. Only a few small walls so took about 45 minutes. That means tomorrow night we can finish and put all the painting crap away till next year. Am guessing it will be April before I decide to start the trim. Also means I don’t have to paint after my long run Saturday. My knee has nit been good, ie it is back to how it was in September before therapy, so I am slightly concerned how this run will go. I am planning about 2.5 hours. The rest of my training will hinge on how it goes. I will finish the marathon in Jan but this will give me some idea how I plan to tackle it.

I have good news and bad news.

first the good. I am DONE painting for the year. :cool1::banana: Will start again probably in April on trim and doors. We love the blue accents. Brings in some color.

67EAF582-CAC1-45B3-9568-71F04CF58F2A.jpeg

F1514428-19D4-43CF-9BC1-AD174E0419DC.jpeg

still need to order and install shelves in pantry. Have some clean up to do, especially in the study closet which has been the dumping ground. But painting is done. To celebrate Bert is pan frying some salmon for dinner. Testing out the new vent hood.

now the bad news. My knee is NOT good. Ran 6 miles today and it’s killing me. 14 tomorrow will not happen. I am hoping for slow pace but 2 hours of running. Next choice is 90 minutes of running. Third choice is bailing out.

extra good news, a week from today we drive out to do cruise number 2. One of these vacations we are going to get right.

Hope the knee gets to feeling better, Kris.

BTW, I like the blue paint too. Looks like it's just enough to act as a contrasting color but not enough to compete with the main color (gray-ish?).

Yeah, put down your brushes and rollers for a few months and let Bert do the cooking. DW lets me do most of the cooking too.

Ed

Did determine knee hurts worse on those slight declines because the pounding is harder.
Donna said to use the same tactic she does. Stay away from declines. :)

Glad you were able to get the run in. Now let Celebrex or meloxicam be your friend.

j

Last edited:
I had to do something about the empty room. Went shopping.

0EC37683-9B3D-49F1-AE11-ADA050A6871A.jpeg

DAC346E4-A743-4EFC-8C18-F1A4F6CDB290.jpeg

What do you think? I have till tomorrow to decide. But I think it’s pretty.

Before for grins

3607BDF3-B680-40BC-9179-1AE487B782A0.jpeg

Also got our Covid booster today. Hopefully I don’t feel like crap tomorrow. Knee is surviving. Rest day only walked a couple miles.

I love the new rug. The colors are great and it really fits in.

DW and I got our Covid booster Saturday afternoon. Still feeling a little whooped today. Tired more than anything.

j

Love it, adds pattern an
d color to the room.
that is what i was going for. I mean i love all our new stuff but it was very neutral and it needed some pop.

On the COVID Booster situation. I was worried as people were reporting you would feel about the same as they did after shot 2. Well I suffered a bit after shot 2. I had a fever and chills and tired. I was recovered in 3 days but it definitely slowed me down. I was excited when i woke this morning i was not as bad as last time though my arm hurt a lot more. I went for my run. Ok that was miserable, my knee hurt and i was feeling off, i suspect from the booster. I did 5 miles and said good enough. Well its 10 am now and as i have been working my head hurts, and i have chills. Took my temp less fever than second shot but yeah am going to do very little today. My hope is by wednesday i am back to normal. Am getting on a ship on Saturday (i hope).

Whiner and complainer here (or that could be winer). Ugh sick yesterday but feeling better today until i ran at lunch time. Knee is so NOT happy with me. i felt pretty bad after running but better now. I will say though the lymphnode under the arm is killing me. It is swollen and hurts. Even the sports bra was causing problems. I am hoping this crap is gone by tomorrow. I think the sickness will be but maybe not the swelliing.

Task for tonight is to wash the balcony window to get ready for installation of the shade on Thursday. The only problem, the shade has not delivered yet.

36-72 hours after the Covid booster. I was only a little tired after my 2nd vaccine. This booster whooped me for a day and a half. Started feeling better yesterday afternoon. Got the shot Saturday around 2pm.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!