Where did you find your "dream dress"?

ead79

<font color=#FF0066>Disney Bride!<br><font color=v
Where did you find your dream dress? Did you have it made or did you order a designer's gown? What does it look like? :)

I got my beautiful dress in David's Bridal. I immediately fell in love with it - and I don't do this with anything! You buy the dress right there and take it home!

I have heard mixed things about them. Luckily, I did not have any problems. I went in an off time to buy the dress and for each fitting. I saved so much money and this made it worth it.

IASW Rider--your dress is just BEAUTIFUL!

mproca--how wonderful that you found your dream dress for an affordable price! That's the icing on the cake!

Here is mine if it turns out. This is my 1st time inserting a picture. It is actually more cafe au lait than how yellow the band looks in the picture. I got it at a small boutique in my hometown. I just have to say how much I enjoyed the process of buying the dress. I had my own little room with my Mom and my MOH and the lady brought us dresses to try on. She was quite nice and did not try to tell me I looked wonderful in everything. She was honest but also very tactful. Being rather short and somewhat round ;) I felt comfortable that she was giving an honest opinion.
www.morileeinc.com/catalog/a14a.html

I know this is too big and I am sorry. I do not know how to make it smaller or delete it. If a moderator needs to please delete it.

OK, I got it fixed, never mind.:)

Thanks so much, ead79! :)

I also got my dress at David's Bridal, mproca (but I guess you could tell that by looking at the link that I posted - hee hee!)! Glad to hear that you had a good experience with them. I was a little nervous about taking my dress home and storing it for the next 9 months, but I'm glad that I found it there. I also like the "one stop shopping" aspect of David's Bridal - the fact that one can also purchase shoes, accessories, and undergarments there, too.

Limmer - your dress is just gorgeous - very classy and elegant! :)

I have looked at several but haven't yet found "mine".
I am still overwhelmed by all of the planning...

I got mine by designer Terri Bentz (in Chicago). It's actually more affordable than off the rack (too much alteration). Love it. Very plain, very clean cut.

adamak, I know just what you mean about needing a lot of alterations! I'm 5'1" tall, so I will definitely need a lot. I am considering having my dress made to avoid the alterations fees.

I am only 5'2" and it is only costing me $100.00 Canadian for a hem and to take the dress in on the sides. They also have to adjust the length of my spaghetti straps. My seamstress told me that wedding gowns are made to be fairly easy to alter. (She still only recommends a professional do it) What needs to be done that would cost so much?

I found my dream dress here in the UK. But it was SO expensive ($1800) that I went on a hunt to find it on the internet.

I am now going to picking up my dream dress in 2 weeks time while I'm staying at DISNEY!!!!.
I found a shop on the orange blossom trail that could get the dress for me for $680 :D . So I shall hopefuly be picking up my dress on the 18th of this month..... Only 5 days till I fly out and I'm sooooooo excited!

a link to a picture of my dress :-
http://www.bridesave.com/gowns/seegown.cfm?id=mgbm415

Katy

That's great that you were able to find the dress at such a savings! Plus, you get to pick it up while visiting Disney! Neat!!!!! :)

All your dresses are soooooo beautiful!!!!:bounce: I wish you all the best of luck and a lifetime of happiness!

Your gowns are beautiful! You will all look like princesses!

Gowns are my favorite part of weddings. I want to get married again so I can dress up in a fluffy white gown & dance....

I found my dream dress 2 years earlier than I got marrieewhile looking in a bridal magazine. I called around and was unable to find it. Turns out is was from a company that did not use assembly lines to make dresses and it was a limited release. I finally found it at a salon not far from my home. I tried it on and it was the one! I never tried on another dress! I love my dress. Here is the link to my wedding pictures:

http://gennaroworld.topcities.com/wedphotos.html

It is hard to see some of it, but it has pale pink flowers on the bodice, sleeves, and tulle. I really thought it was different! For anyone in Michigan, Diors Salon in Dearborn is wonderful!!!

Hope you all like it! :)

Kamy

Kamy,

Great website and wonderful pics! The dresses are wonderful and y'all look great. I hope mine is as nice... once I find it. I have my first session to look on the 16th...

Wish me luck and Pixie Dust!

Jess

The dresses are all really beautiful. Bizzibee my dd found her dress in a small shop near here. It was a really good price and it was really wonderful. She looked like a real Princess to me.
tigercat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter