where did I get this print size???

miss missy

Is this the Dis Board Desperate Housewives?!
I have a 8 x 12 framed picture of my DD at the zoo, from 1999 (35mm) days. I went to the zoo this summer and took the same picture again :thumbsup2 digitally of course, but I am having trouble finding anywhere to print the size 8x12. If I downsize the old picture to 8x10, I loose too much of the pic. I am looking to hang these side by side and kinda want them to be the same size. Ideas???

Thats funny, I thought 8x12 was a pretty common print size.

At Costco 8x12s are $1.50.

At www.mpix.com, 8x12s are 2.99. Their cheapest shipping cost is $4.95. I placed a large order of football team pictures last week and highly recommend them.

I use Ritz and pick them up at the store. I've had great success with them. The prints always have come out great. I think I've done 10 or so with them in the last year.

Smugmug too...

anyone know which does better prints?

I vote for Mpix.

Also, have you considered how you'll mat and frame them? I keep arguing with places like Michael's that 8x12 is now a standard print size so they should carry pre-cut 8x12 mats and frames. I've yet to see any though. I have, however, found 14x18 frames matted to 8x10 (Target has some nice ones). So I had several mats cut to the right size (works out to a 3 inch border on each side) and just replaced them--much less expensive than custom framing. I also did an 18x24 frame with two 8x12 prints, which turned out great.

I'm very happy with Mpix too. I did some gallery wraps and they are just incredible! Shutterfly's calendars are nice as are their books. I use them to do photo books for my DD when we take mother/daughter trips together.

I vote for Mpix.

Also, have you considered how you'll mat and frame them? I keep arguing with places like Michael's that 8x12 is now a standard print size so they should carry pre-cut 8x12 mats and frames. I've yet to see any though. I have, however, found 14x18 frames matted to 8x10 (Target has some nice ones). So I had several mats cut to the right size (works out to a 3 inch border on each side) and just replaced them--much less expensive than custom framing. I also did an 18x24 frame with two 8x12 prints, which turned out great.

The one I have is just in a 8x12 frame, hopefully I can find another, don't think I'll need mat :confused3 I may do them in one like you though. BUT I found out yesterday, that a friend of mine got a job at Michaels in the FRAME dept! She will be doing custom frames :cool1: :cool1: so I can that if I need to.

I'm very happy with Mpix too. I did some gallery wraps and they are just incredible! Shutterfly's calendars are nice as are their books. I use them to do photo books for my DD when we take mother/daughter trips together.

Those gallery wraps are really intriguing but I haven't ordered one yet. I used Mpix for our calendars this year and was really pleased. I sort of did a digital scrapbook page for each month.

The one I have is just in a 8x12 frame, hopefully I can find another, don't think I'll need mat :confused3 I may do them in one like you though. BUT I found out yesterday, that a friend of mine got a job at Michaels in the FRAME dept! She will be doing custom frames :cool1: :cool1: so I can that if I need to.

Hope you can find another one!

I'd love to have a discount on custom framing. The price never fails to shock me. :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter