• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where can I lodge a complaint?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beeadude

It's a Small World Afterall
My daughter purchased the counter service meal plan and went to Port Orleans Riverside for a meal. She asked for a turkey sandwich. The cast member behind the counter refused to make her one! She looked at my daughter like she had 3 heads. We've used counter service here before always good. This time a real disappointment.

is there a sandwich station? Are the sandwiches premade?

I think your daughter should ask to speak with someone in the dining area and get clarification on what is and what is not available for her

Is a turkey sandwich on the menu at the station she was at? If so, you need to ask for the manager and talk to them. If not, it's not out of the question for them to refuse to make something that is not on the menu.

If your DD is the one on the Dining Plan, why are you lodging a complaint? That's up to her. Without knowing more details about the encounter, none of us could say whether or not she has a valid complaint.

If SHE wants to make a complaint, she should do so with the food court manager in person. If she isn't satisfied after that, SHE can send an email to this address:
wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

I am confused. There is a Cajun Carved Turkey Sandwich at the Specialty Shop that is only open from 5PM-10PM or there is a Kids Turkey Sandwich which depending on the site you are looking at may or may not be available all day at one or more stations. What was your daughter (who seems to be an adult since you said SHE purchased the meal plan) trying to order? What time was it? What station was it at?

Not getting it personally. Why is the food court refusing to make her a turkey sandwich? Do they actually have turkey sandwiches available and for some reason they don't want to give her one? What does it have to do with being on the dining plan? Why would you be the one lodging the complaint when she's the one who is there?

Last edited:
The meal plan has a lot to do with it. Port Orleans Riverside has a great counter service, since my daughter purchased that plan and is there with my granddaughters she went there. I recommended it. They HAVE turkey at night. She did not want stuffing, potatoes and vegetable just turkey on bread. It was the attitude of the cast member that is not acceptable. Yes, she should complain but she texted me when I texted her to see how her vacation was going.

The meal plan has a lot to do with it. Port Orleans Riverside has a great counter service, since my daughter purchased that plan and is there with my granddaughters she went there. I recommended it. They HAVE turkey at night. She did not want stuffing, potatoes and vegetable just turkey on bread. It was the attitude of the cast member that is not acceptable. Yes, she should complain but she texted me when I texted her to see how her vacation was going.
They have a Cajun turkey sandwich at one station then the turkey dinner at another. There is no plain adult carved turkey sandwich at either station.

And what was the attitude? Just the fact that the CM at that station was unable to make it?

If she ordered something that was not on the menu, then I don't understand being upset she couldn't get it. They can take off sauces, or make burgers plain, but they can't make a turkey sandwich out of a plated turkey meal. Or just whip one up if it isn't available at that time.

And I agree if your daughter is on vacation then she is the one who should deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter