Where can I get discounts to Schlitterbahn Water Park?

joha

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

We are going to visit my dear brother in Austin, TX :banana: :woohoo:
My children would like to go to Schlitterbahn water park, any idea where to find discounts on admission?

Thanks!

Schlitterbahn does not release coupons very often. There is one out there right now on 20 packs of coca-cola. It is for either $2 or $3 dollars off ticket price plus unlimited Coca-Cola products the day you are at the park. You also can take food in the park ice chests and all. We packed sandwiches and snacks and this really saves money.
luvnmy2bys :)

The best money saver is to take food and drinks in because the $2 OR $3 discount is probably the best that you'll find.

I think you can still prepurchase tickets at HEB grocery stores which I don't think is cheaper but can be a time saver as the lines are often long. Go during the week, if possible. This park can get unbelievably crowded.

KFC/Taco Bell has coupons on their trayliners right now. I think they are for about $2 or $3 off. Not really much of a disscount. The idea about getting them at HEB is a good idea. Just like luvnmy2bys said..
If you want a couple of the trayliners just PM me and I can get some mailed to you..They won't be used.. :rotfl2: I work there.

Thank you all...!

Please if you don't mind, I would also like suggestions on things to do/see in Austin and the vicinity. Good and cheap eats would be great as well. ( Texas bbq here we come!)

Krissy, thanks I will e-mail you. Thanks a million.

Go see the bats take off from the Congress Ave. bridge. It is really amazing and best of all free.

joha said:
Thank you all...!

Please if you don't mind, I would also like suggestions on things to do/see in Austin and the vicinity. Good and cheap eats would be great as well. ( Texas bbq here we come!)

Krissy, thanks I will e-mail you. Thanks a million.

Oh, my mouth is watering now! We drove down to San Antonio two years back and I've been wanting to do it again since then! We stayed for cheap cheap cheap ($36 dollars a night at Days Inn, buy one get one free for Sea World) and ate the best beef brisquit! Nummy. It was at a local chain with a person's name in the title. Can't remember it, though. Tony's or something.
Not as familiar with Austin, didn't do all the research. Make sure you go to their chamber of commerce/visitor's bureau site. You can get good deals and coupons. Also, Rachel Ray did the $40/day there awhile ago. Had a great deal for breakfast burrito, a must while in Texas!

Zoemakes5 said:
Oh, my mouth is watering now! We drove down to San Antonio two years back and I've been wanting to do it again since then! We stayed for cheap cheap cheap ($36 dollars a night at Days Inn, buy one get one free for Sea World) and ate the best beef brisquit! Nummy. It was at a local chain with a person's name in the title. Can't remember it, though. Tony's or something.
Not as familiar with Austin, didn't do all the research. Make sure you go to their chamber of commerce/visitor's bureau site. You can get good deals and coupons. Also, Rachel Ray did the $40/day there awhile ago. Had a great deal for breakfast burrito, a must while in Texas!

I bet you are talking about Rudy's. I think there are also Schlitterbahn coups at Sonic. I will check if we go there this week. I don't know if they are any better than the TB ones though.

Thank you....
I have not been able to catch the $40.00 a day in Austin!!!

I have done some reading and the bats are on my list, but keep those suggestions coming my friends...
We also plan to go to San Antonio

joha said:
Thank you....
I have not been able to catch the $40.00 a day in Austin!!!

I have done some reading and the bats are on my list, but keep those suggestions coming my friends...
We also plan to go to San Antonio

San Antonio....Sea World, Six Flags, Zoo and park and Science Museum (all on the same "campus", you gotta do the train ride!), the Alamo was interesting for about 10 minutes for my kids, but I'm glad we went. El Mercado. The riverwalk boat ride was pretty cool. We didn't make it over to the botanical gardens (which I hear is really nice) and the Tower of the Americas. http://www.sanantoniocvb.com/ is the website for the visitor's bureau.

As for food in Austin

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/ck_gc_austin/0,2495,FOOD_19536,00.html

It gives not only good food options, but categories of food types, and places to go/things to see.

Here's the Austin $40 a day link
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_ad/episode/0,,FOOD_9947_22751,00.html

beavismom said:
I bet you are talking about Rudy's. I think there are also Schlitterbahn coups at Sonic. I will check if we go there this week. I don't know if they are any better than the TB ones though.

I googled Rudy's and yep, that's the one. Obviously a bit off from my "Tony's" remembrance, :rolleyes: but still got to the right place!

Baja Fresh is an inexpensive fast food type place but the food is really good.

For great TexMex, I love Trudy's. The stuffed Avocado is delicious. :thumbsup2 I want one now.

Thanks!

Zoemakes5 (that's adorable) thanks for the link. Sk! I like Baja fresh as well, Bevis, I'll try Rudy's for sure...

Thank you!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!