Where can I find kid-sized fanny packs?

snugglebug

DIS Veteran
I've been looking, hoping to find ones with a water bottle carrier and i'm not having any luck. Any ideas where I can look? They are ages 3 and 5.

Also, for the autograph book, I bought 2 cute small diary type things at the dollar store. Will those work okay? They're small enough to fit in a fanny pack I believe and they snap shut. I've never seen an actual autograph book so I don't know what to look for.

Target carries a line of "Coleman Kids" and they have a kids pack with a water bottle. I have also found child size fanny packs by Fisher Price with the signature red & blue at KMart. The FP ones don't have a water bottle but they sell one that has a clip and holder that matches and clips to the pack. We have one of each and they both work great, my 5yo uses the FP and my 7yo likes the Coleman.

If you are handy with a thread and needle you can always alter an adult pack to fit your kids. I did that for our kids last trip. They didn't have water bottles, but I just too regular adult packs and shortened the straps so they fit around their skinny little waists!

As for autograph books, anything will work. The characters will sign just about anything the kids bring them to sign. Dolls, shirts, hats, autograph books (official and homemade), and story books. Some of the characters write fairly large, but they probably can pare it down if given a smaller book to write on.

Have fun!

:earsgirl:
29 days to WDW!!!

We got some at the Oshkosh Outlet. I belive you can get them online also. They don't hold much. But the kids like having them.

I forgot to say get a thick pen or a sharpie since the characters often have gloves on & this helps them grip better!

My DS5 , then 3, picked out a Pooh/Tigger one at the World of Disney a couple of years ago. We have since discovered (a flashlight later) that DS needs a fanny pack with at least two pockets. He likes to take everything out to find his snacks! I'm hoping that by using Dad's leather one that has two pockets and amazingly tightened to DS's waist (very skinny!). With the Pooh/Tigger one, we had to tie a knot in the strap to get it small enough to stay on DS.

Lesson: Don't overlook the adult ones, they really may shrink down small enough.

Good luck!

Lori

6/1997 Off site, 2/2000 Off site, 2/2001 Poly, 10/2001 POFQ, AKL & Magic, 1/2002 ASMo & AKL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter