Where are all the discounted rooms?

_Laurie_D

Mouseketeer
Why am I not finding any "stay more save more" or aph discounts for the first week of December? I thought that was considered their "slow" time? I can only find them at Cabana Bay or Saphire. Is this a sign that it will be busy that week or is something going on that week that I don't know about?

What are your exact dates?

I'm not seeing much vacancy for the first week.

Pop warner @ WDW, their hotel room pickins are slim. Could be overflow who don't want to deal with larger crowds there.

What does that mean? Overflow? Are you saying the parks might be very busy now that week?

More likely just the hotels will be busy. Even the following week is booked up at RPR.

Last edited:

I've been stalking the early to mid December dates for months. My guess is that RPR and SF are filled with conventions the first 10-15 days of December. The dates I'm looking at you can pick anyroom at CB, HRH, and PBH, but RPR and SF are full. It's been this way for months already.

The parks are typically dead on these dates. One of the best times of the year to be in the parks. So it must be conventions.

We're going to stay at HRH, but would have preferred RPR.

Keep checking for availability

Conventions sometimes cancel at the cut off dates and rooms are released to the public

You can book at the hotel that is open for your dates and cancel once you book the hotel if your first choice

Ap rates can come out 2 months out or 1 month out

If there are many cancellations, ap should come out so those rooms will book up fast

Smsm rates came out late last summer for 2017
Could be no more available?
Or maybe that discount will open up and added for December

Your time period has not been a busy time for the parks

What does that mean? Overflow? Are you saying the parks might be very busy now that week?

Perhaps. Don't remember what level the crowd calendars projected during the time we were @ U to avoid the WDW race but the crowds were heavier.

Likely it won't be summer crowded, certainly do-able

How many nights are you pricing out. Could be they have minimum stays in place. For giggles try adjusting your dates/add on a few nights to see if availablity pops up.

Not sure what is going on but the hotels look pretty booked up.

I see a TDWI Leadership Summit at RPR at that time. Not sure if that is the culprit.
How do you find this information? About what universal hotels have groups coming in?

Unfortunately nothing for my dates, Dec. 10th-19th. I've been checking everyday.

Oh well, I guess the Hard Rock will be fine. Good thing we already have a reservation as I see the standard and poolview rooms are all gone at HRH now too.

A room opened up at RPR for our dates!!!

I had given up for the most part and wasn't even checking daily anymore. Happened to check last night for the first time in a few days and BAM!! Saving a few bucks and staying at the resort of our choice. :)

Congrats. Yes, you have to remain persistent in your checking, as things sometimes open up briefly.

For some reason, I still keep checking my dates daily, even though I have the hotel and room type I wanted :)

Congrats. Yes, you have to remain persistent in your checking, as things sometimes open up briefly.

For some reason, I still keep checking my dates daily, even though I have the hotel and room type I wanted :)

Haha, I do the same thing. At first it was because I was booked at RPR using a SMSM discount and I was hoping for an AP rate. Well, I am now booked there with an AP rate but I still look all the time. I'm not sure why!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter