When you see a zombie thread appear that you posted in what do you do?

kdonnel

DVC-BCV
I like to take a few moments and think what I might have posted, then find my posts and see if I was correct.

For me it is an interesting way to look back at my prior thought processes and compare them to my current. To see if my opinions have changed on that particular matter.

Or if it is a fluff thread I like to see what I would have contributed to the conversation.

For example the Astrology thread just bubbled up to the front page. I thought for a few moments and could not remember what I might have contributed. Then I found my posts and remembered that I had just a few days prior to the thread starting, listened to a podcast on how astrology worked. If that same thread had been originally posted today I am not sure I would have remembered listening to the podcast or any of the content but now it all comes flooding back.

Last edited:
I re-read the OP, re-reach an opinion and then see if former me thought the same thing. We usually agree, lol.

I usually glance at the date of threads before posting a new reply. It seems lately that bots join here and then restart an old topic mostly in an effort to advertise some website or product..........annoying. I can generally tell it is bot generated when the grammar/syntax is clumsy or it simply restates what others have previously posted. Or makes statements like 'what do you think?' as some obvious attempt to get others to engage. Whatever opinion I might have originally posted a couple of years ago hasn't changed.

I looked at that same astrology thread to see what I posted. I was a little disappointed that I only put in a GIF.

I will usually start to read, kind of wondering how I missed a 5 page thread along the way. When reading the first page, I realize that most of the posters are no longer here, died, banned, disappeared. If I had posted, I'll give it a look. Most often go to the end to see who bumped a 10 year old thread. If spam or advertising, report it. If not, give a welcome, sometimes even to a bot, if no spam.

I'll more than likely see what I posted just to see how much I may have changed on a subject or life skill then go and see if I laughed at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter