When you hear "Hail to the Chief" playing

cynsaun

DIS Veteran
do you start singing the words sung in the movie My Fellow Americans?
ETA:

Hail to the Chief, cause he's the Chief and he needs hailing... :teeth:

Dave? Was that with Kevin Kline?

I'm glad to know that I am not the only one that sings made up words. :teeth:

I was thinking that when I read the title!

Kevin Kline cracks me up! I was dying when I saw In and Out. I'll have to see, Dave.

This is one of my favorite scenes from the movie:

Matt Douglas:
Well, I don't think you had anything to do with Charlie's death, but I'm pretty sure you're involved in this mess somehow.
Russell Kramer: I'm involved? But, what about you? You were the one sittin' in the car next to a dead man.
Matt Douglas: Well, now you know. I enjoy spending time with dead men. You don't believe me? Go ahead and die. It'll perk me right up.

Oh, yeah, I'm about to share my coffee with the Washington Love Machine. No dice. You could spit in a Petri dish and start a whole new civilization

No, but whenever I hear the Star Wars theme, I think of the words Bill Murray put to it as the seedy lounge singer on Saturday Night Live...

"Star Wars, nothing but Star Wars, give me those Star Wars, don't let them end..."

Listen!

I do sing those words, but I never knew where they came from. Somehow they were just in my head. I don't think I've ever seen the movie. Maybe someone else sang it and I got it from them. BTW, my ringtone is hail to the chief.

JudicialTyranny said:
No, but whenever I hear the Star Wars theme, I think of the words Bill Murray put to it as the seedy lounge singer on Saturday Night Live...

"Star Wars, nothing but Star Wars, give me those Star Wars, don't let them end..."

Listen!

Oh great. Thanks. :mad: Now I'll hear Bill Murray for the rest of the day.

That's too funny, TheShultzfive! It's really a funny movie. I only saw it for the first time last year, and only then because I was looking for someone I know that was an extra in the film. I didn't expect to like it, but it was really funny.

I was having such a lousy morning. Thanks for the belly laugh! Yes, I love those words and sing them every time. I prefere the James Garner rendition!

Probably just me but everytime I hear Hail to the Chief I think of the scene in The American President where the first daughter plays it on her trombone as Micheal Douglas exits her room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter