When you have to wait to be seated at a park TS restaurant,

quiltymom

DIS Veteran
do they give you a pager so you can wander around nearby, or do you have to hang out close by until you're called?

Also, is it the same with every restaurant or do they all differ?

I don't think I've ever gotten a pager, just hung around waiting for our name to be called. I think I've eaten at most of the park restaurants, except for the MGM ones.

We were given pagers at Garden Grill and Crystal Palace but the hostess asked us to stay nearby too. At the other restaurants, we just had to stick closeby. They will only call your name two or three times. (about 5 minutes time) If you don't show up, they will give your table to another group.

Not a park restaurant, but Boma gave us a pager while we waited for about 5-10 minutes, but not sure how far we could have gone, we just stayed in the area right outside the restaurant. Teppanyaki (sp?) did not give us a pager while we waited. Deb

depends on the restaurant. as i think about it, the only one i might have gotten one at in the parks is biergarten.

but i have no idea what the range is or if the thing will alert you if you go out of range, so i end up staying nearby anyway.

Thanks for your responses. My kids have a hard time sitting, so to stay somewhere if we have to wait more than 5 minutes will be tough. I'll just pack some little electronic games for them to play if we need to wait.

Let's see on our trip last May, we received one at Rose n Crown that worked in all the shops in the UK. We also received one at 50"s Prime Time Cafe. I'm not sure how far you could go. We just went to the bar. It's funny that you bring this up, because I really never thought about it until you asked. Now in the resorts most restaurants have them.

It varies from restaurant to restaurant. I was interested in the 50s Prime Time pager thing because that's always been a pet peeve of mine about the restaurant. They would come out and yell "Table ready for the Smith Kids!!!" and our last name is no where near Smoth so we would have to wait for a very garbled version of our name. Trust me, it's never even close. We can't even give another name that we use at non Disney restaurants because the name is given as the same one as on the reservation. We use our daughter-in-law's maidan name instead of ours when we have to be called at chain restaurants. If you order pizza at the Spoodles take out window and it's not immediately ready, you will be given a pager. Used to be that they would just open up the window and yell "Joe, your order is ready!!!!!!!" If you don't get a pager, can you use cell phones to gather the troop back together when you are vocally paged?

At the Plaza, they just go to the podium and call your name. You have to really pay attention, especially if there is a stage show or something at the castle.

The only place that I have gotten a pager is at the Biergarten. Of course the funny part was that it was just as it was opening and we just had to sit for about 5 minutes. So, I am not sure what good the pagers did!:rotfl2:

When we were there in July of '06, we were given pagers at Crystal Palace, Biergarten, Whispering Canyon, and Garden Grill. At Mama Melrose's and Tony's we just had to stay near the podium and wait for our name to be called.

I haven't seen it mentioned, but we also got a pager at Chef Mickey's. We specifically asked how far we could go and were told we could go anywhere in the entire floor so we used that time to go in the gift shops and play by the waterfall/art thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter