when wll be charged for parasaling?

snowiit

DIS Veteran
Do we pre-pay, or only charged at the time when we actually do the actvity?

Thanks!

I love that DCL doesn't charge for excursions until the cruise & if it is cancelled due to bad weather, then you aren't charged or you get an instant credit. Other lines charge you when you book it, even if it's a year away. So that is a nice feature w/DCL! :thumbsup2

I love that DCL doesn't charge for excursions until the cruise & if it is cancelled due to bad weather, then you aren't charged or you get an instant credit. Other lines charge you when you book it, even if it's a year away. So that is a nice feature w/DCL! :thumbsup2

I will point out on the other cruiselines where you pay when you book, you get people who are actually going to take the excursion. With the pay when you go option, you get many people who book excursions "just in case" and fill up the spaces. And then they cancel at the last minute, after you've already picked an alternative excursion.

And, on the other cruiselines, even though you've already paid, if it's cancelled for weather (or a missed port) you get the refund (or credit), also.

:cutie:

Our experience on other lines was also similar to DCL's in that if you book in advance and then need to cancel while on board, you are not charged if the line is able to "resell" your reservation to another guest...and they did maintain waitlists also.

I do understand that DCL needs to let the vendor know how many to expect, but on Celebrity there was a cancel with refund available up to 48 hours before arrival at that port. We got a list of all excursions in our cabin on day one which clearly indicated the cancellation deadline for each port. It was actually very nice. We also encountered the same thing that DCL does on some cruises--buying out all the available slots a vendor has making it impossible to book privately.

As noted above, excursions booked thru DCL will be charged to your on board account and paid at the end of the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter