when will the resorts be decorated for Christmas this year?

newholidayx2

<font color=green>Searching for the perfect tree<b
I'll be there 11/9-16
have ticket for MVMCP, planning on seeing the Osborne Lights
will the resorts (BC/BCV) be decorated too?

Last year we were at Disney the second week of November. By the time we left - somewhere around the 20th - not certain - some of the resorts were decorating some. So, you might get to see a little Christmas decorations.

Last year the DAY after Halloween (meaning November 1st) all of a sudden there were Christmas decorations everywhere!!!

My friend and I went to MK on that day and it was incredible how overnight trees and lights sprung up. I was like, "yesterday was Halloween and now Christmas?!" So, although all may not be completed - there sure will be decorations up...

They definitely start decorating November 1, but it won't all be completed until about the weekend before Thanksgiving. The MK should be fully decked out by the first MVMCP.

We have tickets to Mickey's Christmas Party on November 12, which is a Monday. The Majic Kingdom will surely be decked out then! I believe the Osborne lights at MGM are out that week also. Never to early for those beautiful decorations. :santa:

We were surprised to be at AK mid November and there tree and some other decorations were up! :scared:
We barely stopped going to Halloween Horror Nights and then to see Christmas decorations..... :scared1: That was the real horror. :lmao:

The actaul resorts may take a bit longer, but MK was definitely getting decked out November 1st. It was actaully annoying since just two nights before we were doing MNSSHP.

Like the department stores, WDW is stretching some seasons out a bit far ;)

MK starts as soon as Halloween comes down, last year November 1. Other properties usually start their holiday strike in the middle of November, complete by Thanksgiving.

This year the MK shouldn't be decorated til at least Nov 3rd, since the last Halloween party is Fri, Nov 2nd. They stretched out Halloween this year!

When I was a CM, I remember them telling me that they would have the crew up all night and that MK would be decorated in one night! I thought that was unreal until I saw it myself! One day Halloween, next day, Christmas!!

How about the gingerbread house at GF? I have seen it before on one of the travel channel shows (or maybe on the food network?), and would love to take a quick trip to see it.

Are there any other resorts that have these?

Hi! :wave2:

A fun thing to do is ride the monorail and get off at the different resorts and check out their decorated trees - did that one year with the kids early one morning while dh still slept.

What night are you doing MVMCP? We will be there on the 12th. Ds is 13 on the 11th - and this trip is a surprise! (..we did just get back 3 days ago..:rolleyes1 )

Jill

I called CSR (staying here) and GF last week to see when the Christmas decorations would be up since we want to do our Christmas cards while we are in Disney. We are there from 11/9-11/13, so it's kinda early. Answer I got from both is that they will start decorating the first week in Nov and be completely decked out by Thanksgiving.

We are also going to MVMCP on Nov 12th! In the 12+ times that we have been to WDW, we have never been to it. I just love Christmastime, so I can't wait!

Lorraine

Last year I saw a decorating schedule on one of the boards, does anyone know where I may have seen that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter