When to go

VianSa

Earning My Ears
Hello, we are recently new DVC members. We are looking to stay at WDW for 7-9 nights either in mid-late July or end of August/beg of September. We are a family with 3 children and 2 adults, and would like a one bedroom suite, preferably at our home resort AKL. For this trip, we would like to visit AK and also BB & TL. When would be a less busy time to go and therefore more of a chance of staying at one resort instead of split stay? We wouldn't mind a split stay although it would be easier to just stay in one place. Thanks!

By now, I'd imagine late August/early Sept would be more likely... mostly because it's 6 months out vs 5 months out.

(Other than a few days around July 4th, summer is fairly low-demand for DVC points, especially compared to the DVC peak season of October through Marathon weekend in January, with early December actually being the most popular week.)

Just for clarification. You'll be booking a one bedroom villa, not a suite. Jambo House does have one bedroom suites, but you cannot reserve them using DVC points (unless you bought directly and have a ton and a half of points to use - those are not DVC villas). With your group of five, Kidani Village might be best since it has a second bathroom at the entrance to the villa that your children can use (and you get the master bath to yourselves).

Thanks for for info hakepb. We are actually waiting for our points to be loaded so as soon as that happens, we will be able to check for availability.
Deb&Bill, yes we definitely would be looking for a villa (I am used to saying suite as we normally book regular hotel room suites!) at kidani and preferably savannah view as we have never stayed there before. Thanks!

It is HOT that time of year in Florida. Plan accordingly! Lots of water and maybe a personal fan. I honestly don't care what I look like with the little battery-operated fan. I live somewhere that is hot in the summer as well (see my user name). Just keep hydrated!

We went the third-ish week in August a couple of years ago and were pleasantly surprised and the lower crowd levels. It was blazing hot at that time, but at least we didn't have to be shoulder to shoulder with thousands of our closest friends. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!