When to book PVB Studio for New Years 2020

MilwaukeeMom

Mouseketeer
Yes, I know, I overplan everything! But I noticed NYE is already gone for studios in PVB 2019. My daughter has her heart set on WDW PVB for her 21st birthday New Year’s Eve in 2020 and I’m wondering if this is something I will have to “walk” to get! We want to arrive 12/27/2020 and check out 1/2/2020. When would I begin “walking”? How does member services feel about this? This is a silly thing, I know, but it’s important to her We do own the points for PVB but not enough for a week in the bungalows!

I own at BWV and at 11 months out for 2019 OCT I couldn't get my ressie started 20 days out. Never did we move to a diff. month.
Others who own PVB will help you but IMO you need to start 10 days before and walk. Could be more for New years.

As in for an arrival on NYE? You could have done that right at 8am at the 11 month window for 2019. If you're arriving a day or two earlier then 11 month window would have been easy. I'm not 100% positive but I think it was a day or two or maybe even a little longer after the 11 month window opened before the standard view PVB went. The lakeview went right away I believe. I was booking elsewhere so just kind of perusing and not really taking notes as to exactly when it booked up but PVB standard was not as quick as some other resorts - ie, it wasn't a micro second fight for them at 8am. :)

Thank you, I maybe over thinking this but I’ll jump on it when the date opens up. We plan on arriving on Sunday and NYE isn’t until Thursday, so I guess we’ve got a good shot at it. Maybe there aren’t as many PVB owners that want to blow their points in high season. Is the week between Christmas and New Years popular? I know Easter is, that’s the time we usually go.

I booked December 30 thru January 4 at our 11 month mark. I didn't book online, I called member services right at 9am. Lake view was already gone, but was able to get standard view. First time we will have been during this time of the year, usually travel in early December, so I don't know if this is the norm. With the opening of Galaxy's Edge, who knows? But as already been suggested, maybe you should walk a reservation just to be on the safe side if you have your heart set on staying at the Poly. I know I had read that the ability to take the monorail over to the Magic Kingdom during NYE was the deal breaker for some. Traffic on the roads from what I've read is horrible.

I've been that week several times, and the monorail and ferry lines are also crazy during that week, it's not as much of an advantage as you might think. They used to block off the Epcot monorail coming from Epcot to only resort guests of the monorail resorts, I don't know if they are still doing that.

But if I were going that week, as much as I dislike the studios at BLT, being able to walk to and from MK from there without needing any of the transportation is a huge advantage that particular week.

We have gone every NYE for the last 4 years and stay at VGF. The lines for the monorail are crazy! But the holidays at Disney are generally crazy anyways.

Silly daughter has her heart set on having her very first drink at Trader Sams grotto sometimes I wonder if bringing them to Disney every year was good for them! Other daughter (16) wants a wedding at GF. One day we were there and she saw the princess bride in her carriage. She was 10 I think. All she needs is a prince lol ❤️(And to finish high school, college, and grad school!)

Thank you, I maybe over thinking this but I’ll jump on it when the date opens up. We plan on arriving on Sunday and NYE isn’t until Thursday, so I guess we’ve got a good shot at it. Maybe there aren’t as many PVB owners that want to blow their points in high season. Is the week between Christmas and New Years popular? I know Easter is, that’s the time we usually go.

Oh I think you'll be fine then.

Does PVB have more studios than the other DVC resorts? Would that make the difference? Also, can you walk a reservation online or do I have to call every day and add a day and subtract a day?

Does PVB have more studios than the other DVC resorts? Would that make the difference? Also, can you walk a reservation online or do I have to call every day and add a day and subtract a day?

It's almost all studios. 288 studios and only 20 Bungalows. So yes, it makes booking studios easier than other resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!