when to book disneyland californian?

serendipity

DIS Veteran
My fiance and I will be spending the start of our honeymoon the first week of May at Disneyland. We would like to have a room in the disneyland californian with a view in the parks. How far in advance do these rooms book up? We're actually going to Disneyworld in a month so money is a bit tight for us right now and was wondering how long we'd be able to put off putting a deposit on a room. Any suggestions?

I have never booked in May - but I know I always like to book the GCH way in advance. I booked my Oct trip in June, my last Nov trip in June, and the trip before that (FEB) we had to settle for PP (and concierge), because everything else was taken (don't remember when I tried to book, but it was months in advance). If you have your heart set on certain dates - I would personally book as soon as you have the $200 for the deposit - then the rest is not due (if booking through disney or costco) until a month prior.

the first of may I dont see you having too much to worry about...I mean right now its almost mid october and they still have plenty of room for the holiday season so with that in mind no worries...I think you could probably get away with having to put anything down until Feb :goodvibes

You can always call and reserve a room now directly through the hotel. You will not have to pay a deposit and can cancel anytime up to 72 hours before you go without being charged. If you have AAA, you can get a 10% discount. At least this way, you will be sure to have a room and since there is no deposit, you can still spend the next few months shopping around for a better deal on the room rate or a package with a flight and tickets if necessary. If you find a deal, cancel out the hotel, if not, at least you have a room.

There is nothing worse than being willing, able, and ready to pay for something you want and not being able to get it because you waited too long. I am so mad at myself now because we are going in Nov and we decided to add a night-grrr-can't get the room, already booked. I could have cancelled it if we had changed our minds but can't add it! Now we will have to stay somewhere else that one night and switch over-ugh-so I say call and book now!

what a great idea. I wasn't aware that disney did that. I have to run to work now but I'll call first thing in the AM!

Agree with other posters recommendations. GC is very popular with Californians. Remember there are a lot of people with $$ here and don't mind spending it (just like NYC), so the GC is usually booked up. Reserve early, and then search for better options. My family always loves the Hyatt Orange County, for a great deal and decent rooms. But remember, nothing beats being on-site if you're from out-of-town. As a townie, it doesn't matter to us, but from NY, try to stay at the GC, it will be a much nicer visit.

(Honestly, if you have a choice, I would go to WDW instead, there is sooo much more to do and see and way better accommodations, restaurants, but that's me...)....

In any case enjoy your trip!

Best,
Brando

I booked today (10/13) for a trip in February. I'm sure May is more popular, although the week I am going in February is President's week and Mardi Gras week combined.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter